Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RPL safety?

I'm just wondering about the safety features with Opotronics RPL units.

Can anyone with one tell me, do they have all the safety features that are required by the FDA? So they are legal?

I'm not in the US, but this is something I was wondering about. I could of just contacted Opotronics about this, but it'll probably be faster just to make a thread. Plus, a 3rd party view never hurts :)

Razako

In order to be legal in the USA a Class 3B laser needs to have the following safety features.
1-Safety interlock
2-keyswitch
3-aperture shutter
4-emission indicator LED
5-emission delay

The RPL only has 2/3/4

RPLs are FDA accessioned. They don't have all the features outlined in 21 CFR 1040.10 (what Razako was referencing), but with their accession number they're fine.

pseudonomen137 said:
RPLs are FDA accessioned. They don't have all the features outlined in 21 CFR 1040.10 (what Razako was referencing), but with their accession number they're fine.

Okay, could you explain that in a little more detail thanks :) Remember I'm not in America, so I don't know how these things work :)

diachi

I would also like to know ;D and if anyone is selling an RPL-165 in 1-2-3 months please PM me, I may be interested ( if you can prove its not a scam ) and if the laser doesnt have too much use and is in good condition .

Diachi