Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Risk £62 or Wait 2 Months?

Risk £62 or Wait 2 Months?,

• Risk £62

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Wait 2 Months

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
I just got myself into a nasty situation... I moved a driving test from 16th September to 1st September but my driving instructor is on holiday... The last day I can move my test is the day before he comes back, the 27th August, and he will not know if he has any other tests that day until he is home...

The risk I need to take is do I wait until he is back and hope that there are no other tests on that day, in which case if there are I will loose £62 because it has passed the last date I can move it. Or do I rebook another test and hope the day I book doesnt have any other tests on it again, baring in mind that I can only move my test 1 more time without having to cancil my test completly and rebook another in which case it will be in October...

This is a nasty situation... I need my car ASAP, in fact its sitting on the drive at home waiting to be driven and I really can't keep leaving it standing there for weeks on end. I am edging towards the risk the £62 decision here...

It looks like the money is very important to you. If it were not then you wouldn't be posting this on here. I say you should wait. I'm a very impatient and anxious person and I've learnt to (sometimes :p) control it, it's very rewarding on these cases. Two months later you'll look back to where we are now and think "Hey now I've got 62 pounds more for lasers :D!"

I also got my license three months ago. I got to drive my parent's car three times and I got this nasty discal hernia so I'm still waiting for it to go away so I can drive again.

Patience my young padawan.

yoda_bigger.jpg

Thing is the car is just as important to me as well as the money... I really need to pass my test before I go back to college on around about the 16th September... The trains here are getting rediculous, buses are too unreliable and I can't keep leaving my car sitting on the drive for weeks on end...

Trouble is I spent a heck of a lot of money on a nice car for my first car expecting to pass my test a week later and the DSA moved my test and I didn't get to take my test til a month later, I took that test and failed due to what I would say is the examiners fault... Only 2 minors and 1 major.

If I wait then I will have to get my car insured on my provisional license which will cost something rediculous like £1,400 which means I am loosing even more money.

Theres two sides to this, loose money or loose money plus a bit more money... To be honest the date I had on the 16th was just as risky because that would have been my first day back at college.

If the trains will cost you more than those 62 pounds then yes just go for it.

If the trains will cost you more than those 62 pounds then yes just go for it.

It cost's roughly £40 a month because it's £3.20 for two stops on the train...

I am still leaning towards taking the risk and going for the 1st September, I think I am going to sleep on it to be honest.

Fact is if I do wait another 2 months I still need to keep driving which means I will still have to take driving lessons even though I have been told I don't need them. I think the risk outweighs the wait.

It cost's roughly £40 a month because it's £3.20 for two stops on the train...

I am still leaning towards taking the risk and going for the 1st September, I think I am going to sleep on it to be honest.

Fact is if I do wait another 2 months I still need to keep driving which means I will still have to take driving lessons even though I have been told I don't need them. I think the risk outweighs the wait.

Ok then, do it, get license, post pics :D