Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of trustfire water-resistant 20mW

*pics attached*
This is a review for a laser I bought on BST, it is an ultrafire water resistant/proof host, and it will take a CR123 or CR2 battery. I thought this was cool, the contact springs are really tight on a CR123, so I popped in a CR2 and it actually fit better than the battery it was designed for. Anything over 3V that fits should work. The laser itself is OK, the output seems a little unstable (But I've only noticed that on the CR123, maybe it's this battery?) I haven't used the laser long enough to tell what this is related to, and if it can be solved. But it's decent otherwise, the divergence is good enough that it looks like a small dot even ~200 yards away. The brightness looks around 25mW when it's going strong, and the beam quality is decent. The beam is a little offset from the laser. Right out of the laser without the waterproof head, the beam is actually pretty clean for a cheap laser. Very low noise compared to my generic 30mW pointer. No evidence of fingerprints or dirt, but you have to keep the waterproof lens clean or else you get the lines, noise, etc. and you're no better off than if the module itself was dirty. I've submerged it a few inches and nothing happened, but honestly I wouldn't trust this thing for anything over a foot deep. The front o-ring seems small, and I doubt it would make a great seal. The pocket clip is removable. This laser is probably an 8/10 for the price. I'm happy I got it.

will

EDIT: My dumb cat knocked it off a low table, and now the beam is all f*cked up, it's dimmer than it was before :( it's maybe 2/3 as bright now cause the beam is no longer a dot, part of it is jetting off :cryyy:

EDIT 2: after further damaging the laser, I have elected to turn it in to a waterproof blu-ray. As soon as the PHR module and batteries arrive, (it now will take 2xCR2) then I can post pics, as it is already drilled out to fit an aixiz.

Attachments

• Photo 35.jpg
    Photo 35.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Photo 36.jpg
    Photo 36.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Photo 38.jpg
    Photo 38.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Photo 39.jpg
    Photo 39.jpg