Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

review of lasence's 575nm and 545nm lasers

Sowee7

hello guys, i recently received my new 575nm module from lasence. when i got my first one, it was very unstable and kept mode hopping and the power kept fluctuating. something else i noticed about the first one was it was emitting a lot green coloured light at 515nm. i though it was the pump wavelenth but i was wrong, (later when i opened it up, i relized it was a c-mount 976nm diode). i decided to open the module up to experiment with the crystals. (please do NOT open up the lasence 575nm module, the crystals will get damaged within 3 days i learnt that the hard way), it turns out the old one they sent me was an unstable test sample, my new one was much better. it didnt mode hop and it didnt have any power fluctuations. it still emmited the green light this time at 510nm still no ir filter like most lasence modules. overall, i am happy with my new 575nm modules even though they were low power (about 8mw for my module.) i just wish they had an ir filter.

now onto the 545nm modules.

i ordered 3 545nm line laser modules and they came with the 575nm module in the same box, turning one on it made a nice lime-green line. i decided to remove the line lens on one of them and i got a nice lime green dot (mesured to be 18mw by lasence in there test report) the module was very small with the driver built inside the module. the lasers mode was almost like a sloppy tem-01 (definitely not tem-00) again, no ir filter the best thing about the module is that they only cost $15!. honestly, i think the modules are worth the price! i still have one brand new one that i still havnt used

Huh. I've got a 575nm one that actually measures 574nm and puts out 36 mW of perfect yellow, but they haven't been available for awhile now. The crystal is hygroscopic, so I keep it sealed with desiccants in an airtight ESD bag. Mine is a lab laser with the driver separate.

Sowee7

Huh. I've got a 575nm one that actually measures 574nm and puts out 36 mW of perfect yellow, but they haven't been available for awhile now. The crystal is hygroscopic, so I keep it sealed with desiccants in an airtight ESD bag. Mine is a lab laser with the driver separate.
yours is opt laser, its a different company, lasence makes new ones that are completely sealed. all the old modules that members have are from optlaser.