Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Keyspan Presentation Pro Remote Control

GregH

Review of the Keyspan Presentation Pro Remote Control

Product link: PR-PRO3 - Presentation Pro Remote Control
374338698.jpg

Experience:
The Keyspan Presentation Pro Remote Control is an excellent piece of equipment. It is designed to remotely control a PowerPoint presentation as well as the computer's mouse. The remote contains a 2.4 GHz RF transmitter which plugs into a USB port on the computer. A neat feature is the transmitter is actually stored inside the remote. A simple push releases the transmitter for use. The Presentation Pro has an integrated red laser pointer.
I plugged the unit into my computer and conducted four, 90-minute presentations over the course of one week. The Presentation Pro worked flawlessly. The unit has dedicated buttons for advancing/backing up the slide show, initiating the show (F5), blanking the screen, volume controls, and a mouse/cursor trackpoint-type controller. All buttons are logically positioned, worked perfectly, and made me look great.

Pros:
Excellent build quality. Professional looking unit with a solid feel.
2.4 GHz RF remote control of computer mouse and MS PowerPoint. 100 foot range.
Red laser pointer integrated into remote.
Multi-function buttons on the remote.
RF transmitter stores inside the remote. No lost transmitters!
Runs on easy to find AAA batteries.
It works!

Cons:
Red laser pointer. (I'm modding this unit by substituting in a green laser.)

Conclusion:
If you make presentations for a living you need equipment you can depend upon. Buy the Keyspan Presentation Pro Remote. It works.