Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REVIEW: 250mW 650nm Module from Lazerer.com

Lase

This is my first review so please be patient. I will add pictures later.

I ordered the 250mW 650nm Burning Red Laser Module w/ Battery Case on the 30th of September. It arrived on the 7th October from Hong Kong. I'm used to it taking up to 6 weeks for things to ship out from China so I was pleasantly surprised.

It didn't look like Customs had opened the package, which is good as I don't know if they'd consider this module as a 'pointer'.
xcir1s.jpg

I also ordered the Power Guarantee which shows that the laser actually peaks at 273mW:wave:

The beam is 3mm at aperture and fairly bright. In a lit room I can see the beam.
2jdtt3.jpg

The dot is fairly clean, but has 'wings'. (Which disappeared with the exposure)
2zjjswk.jpg

It also burns well. I was just pointing it around and got distracted for a second and it started smoking my shoe.:crackup:

All in all I'm very happy with this purchase. Fast shipping, Quality laser and an LPM chart to boot.

Lase

EDIT: Added pics which turned out not bad for my phone camera.

Last edited:

Lase

wow, great price! is it possible to take off the module and put in inside of a host?

Yeah, you could cut off the plug from the module and wire it into a host. I'm going to use this one in a spirograph though.

Lase

I will be expecting mine sometime soon :)

Gonna strip it out and put a DTR in it.