Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Removing coating

I've read about it...is it possible to remove the blue coating off of the AixiZ glass lenses with alcohol or acetone or something? Maybe even CLR or something? I heard that glass gives a great beam and stuff, but also that the coating reduces power.

IF you can get the lenses out of the brass housing(there are 3), you may be able to soak them in windex or ammonia overnight and remove the coating.. it is on BOTH sides of all three lenses. The trick is getting the lens apart without destroying the brass retaining ring.

My glass lens assembly didn't fare too well:( I ended up destroying it bacause the retaining ring threads were glued.

Glaserfan said:
IF you can get the lenses out of the brass housing(there are 3), you may be able to soak them in windex or ammonia overnight and remove the coating.. it is on BOTH sides of all three lenses. The trick is getting the lens apart without destroying the brass retaining ring.

My glass lens assembly didn't fare too well:( I ended up destroying it bacause the retaining ring threads were glued.

I ordered the lens seperately, so its already removed from the housing, if thats what youre saying. Ill try to get the glass parts out..but i dont know how ill go about doing that and putting them back in. I'll try though

Actually I mean the brass housing containing the lenses itself. It has a retaining ring at one end that retains the three tiny lenses and one o-ring inside. You will probably end up stripping the slots trying to unscrew it:(