Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

red/pink????

Um, not sure why your being so sneaky sneaky about it.. there are only limited ways to combine multiple wavelengths in that size of host.. and none of which are patentable due to prior precedence. The challenge isn't really how to do it since the methods are fairly well documented already. The challenge is, as I said before, making it fit, and making it sturdy. If someone accidentally drops their laser and knocks the optics out of alignment.. well, they won't be happy. Chinese manufacturers might not really care, but I do with my products.

Though you better hurry up, i'll have a 405+650 drop in module available for P60 flashlights on the market before much longer... without involving china. heh.

Last edited:

just because an idea is based off an older idea does not mean the application of an idea in a new way is any less considered IP I stand to profit off this at this point, and this method is probably the most compact method and capable of producing pink/magenta pointers of any power with the limitations of the manufactured powers of the 2 laser diodes used, mine only puts out about 14 mw with the optical losses, I used low powered diodes for prototyping. it may of already been done in a similar way yes, this is not an impressive prototype by power output either, it was never meant to be however this does seem to be a very well done step to making penstyle pink laser pointers possible and available cheap , it may not be exciting, but it is an accomplishment.

True, but a) the idea has to 'bring something new to the field' so to speak. Combining two beams with a dichro, reguardless of how the lasers are positioned, isn't really new territory. And b) Your have to be able to enforce your IP rights for them to matter. If you send your design to WL, or anyone else for that matter, and they start making lasers based on it and quit acknowledging your existance, much less paying you for anything regardless of what they might have agreed to.. What can you really do about it to enforce your IP rights? Take a non-US company to court here? They won't even show up, much less care about any verdict and there's not much anybody can do about it. Take them to court in their own country? You'd have to had filed for IP rights in that country as well in the beginning before letting anyone else have access to your design to even hope to have a case, then throw on top of that airfare to said country for legal appearances.. legal fees, etc, and you'll find it's a most expensive ordeal.. Heck, it's an expensive ordeal even when both parties are inside this country.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not telling you not to try, however, you shouldn't get your hopes up about getting 'rich and famous' most of all when dealing with the chinese.. Though if your truly serious about doing this.. TALK TO A LAWYER about it before you do ANYTHING.... Otherwise your almost guaranteed to get screwed over royally.

Your best bet to making money with them is actually to make them yourself.. however it's not legal to sell complete non-FDA certified lasers in the US.. regardless of who makes them.

I'd be foolish to do this for fame and riches, this is a single step and I'm aware it's a step I will not outright win, it is a step though to being taken somewhat seriously and to watch a project I designed do more then simply sit on my shelf and collect dust. I have talked to legal council and I am taken as many precautions as I really can in this situation. This is a chess game and I am playing a very very risky set however as I said I don't know what I can do unless I try, If the world flows against me I at least have the knowledge that I push the universe just a little in an effort to make it move. Even if wicked laser's produces it and I get royally fucked, I see my influence on the world. I have the wisdom to understand not to get my hopes up in this, I also realize nothing can ever undue this move either, it's mine. About the optics, I'd love to go into detail about it and don't think I won't when I feel like I have reach what I can personally get. I have no intention of having this kept a secret and i truly believe hobbyist should have the information to make what ever they can. I really can't say much more at this point, fools loose more bragging about an idea as well. I will most definitely not keep this method in the dark forever.

Plan B

Just goggle up the inventor of the usb flash drive. Some guy from Singapore (forget his name) was the first to patent the idea. He sold it around to some of the big players and they simply stomped him. It was all existing technology and with the deep pockets, lawyers and engineers at these companies disposal, they were able to bring it to market without the inventor, regardless of patents. As I understand it, to this day, that dude from Singapore hasn't seen dime one from what must be hundreds of millions of dollars in sales to date. I guess this doesn't entirely relate but it does emphasize the "tread lightly" advice.

p.s. I wanna pink laser.

I don't really care about your design myself either. I have my own after all heh. I'm just saying that unless you've come up with some new never seen before optic or coating or something of that nature, I imagine your arrangement is combining the beams of two staggered diode/collimation lens assemblies with a dichro (the one out of a PHR sled works wonders by the way, if that's not what your already using) and one or more front surface mirrors. The method isn't hard.. or new.. which is why it's not really something that rights can be claimed to. The best you could do would be to patent the whole laser design, host and all and even that would be hard to hold up in court.

But, I still wish you luck with your endeavor. Getting into things involving IP rights is never a fun experience.