Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red Laser Protection Goggles

Red Laser Protection Goggles

I just received my New 620nm 632nm 650nm 760nm Red Laser Protection Goggle from eBay vendor Lightobjects.
Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-620nm-632nm...ryZ48742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I paid $35 + $8.00 shipping via USPS Priority Mail. I ordered/paid on Monday, they sent me an email on Tuesday telling me they shipped and I received them today-Thursday! Very quick shipping from California to Texas.

The come in a nice case and come with a lens cleaning cloth.

I'm very pleased so far. I've not built my red burner yet (anxiously awaiting my GB diode to arrive) but the goggles block out a 5mW red just fine!

Just wanted to pass this along as I've read many posts for people looking for red protection goggles.

:)

Re:  Red Laser Protection Goggles

They look just like the goggles zonestealth sells though. At least the frames do.

Yes they do. But I'd rather buy from California and get 2 day shipping rather than having an item ship from Hong Kong and take 7-10 days and maybe never get it or it get lost. Plus zonestealth only has a 97.8% feedback w/5 negative feebacks in 6 months and 2 in one month. Zonestealth has been a member only since since Jan-02-07 and already has 5 negative feedbacks from less than a year of operation.
Lightobjects has 98.1% feedback and an eBay member since Jun-21-02 and has zero negatives in the past 12 months and only 3 since opening his eBay account in 2002.

I buy American when I can.

Just my 2cents worth.....

:)

S

SenKat

Grn_n_Tx - BEFORE you use those with a high powered laser, may I suggest you spend a few dollars, and a few days of your time, and send them to Pseudo for testing ? Those goggles were judged (just from the description, and ridiculous claims of multi-wavelength blocking) to be sorely lacking ! I would not want anyone to use those, only to find out too late that they are indeed crap goggles, and offer not enough protection. Your eyes are yours - but a lot of pwople have been turned away from those specifically because it is virtually impossible to block multiple wavelengths with one pair of goggles like that. Take a few days of your time, and send them to Pseudo - he is in the Dallas area,so you would not be without them for too long.

Thanks SenKat, I'll have to contact Pseudo and talk to him about checking them out for me.
I appreciate your input.
You are so very right. You only have one set of eyes!
As far as the visual goes on these while wearing them when I shine a 5mW red on a white wall I can't see the dot at all. If I shine the laser on my hand from 6" or so you can very faintly see a dot on your hand-just barely. If I hold the goggles in my hand while looking through the goggles lens and shine the 5mW red into the lens from and inch away or less I can also see a faint dot.

You're right though. Better safe than sorry!

Thanks for the help!

Yeah I in fact have heard some horror stories about ebay goggles.