Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red laser from amazon vs Gas station Laser

Hi. I've had my share of cheap red gas station laser pointers in my time, And i'm wondering somthing. First off, i've never ordered a red laser pointer from amazon.com just bought it at the store. I've purchased a green and a violet laser pointer from amazon.com, because you really don't see them at stores. I know my green laser is like 10x brighter and my violet is at least 7 or 8x brighter than my reds from the gas station or drug store or whatever. So basically i just think that most lasers from amazon are over spec and pretty bright. But are the red lasers brighter than an average gas station laser? They both say "5mw" but usually the amazon ones are about 10-15mw. Can anyone tell me if they have had any experience with seeing the reds to be alot brighter when they've ordered them from a place like amazon, because i'd like my red to be brighter, and you can get a decent red laser from amazon for 5$

Amazon.com: American Science & Surplus Red Laser Pointer With Case and Batteries: Electronics

That one even comes with case and batteries, 4.17$, free shipping!
thanks

lman

A lot of lasers are over spec so I doubt those will be any brighter, if you want a brighter red get a 635nm 5mw from olike.

Some of the 5mw reds are actually 100mw+!!!I recently paid 14 dollars for a 100 mw red from laserlands.Epic pocket red!Amazon had a 3 laser deal with a violet,green and red.All were grossly overspec.

midias

Our eyes are more sensitive to green light so they will look much brighter with less mw

Some of the 5mw reds are actually 100mw+!!!I recently paid 14 dollars for a 100 mw red from laserlands.Epic pocket red!Amazon had a 3 laser deal with a violet,green and red.All were grossly overspec.

Really 100mw? I've ordered 5mws from amazon to, And they were over-spec, but never 100mw, not even 50mw. Most i would guess were about 15mw.

So is your red laser from laserlands actually 100mw?
I found this 2 in one "100mw" laser on laserlands for 16$
100mW 2in1 Red Star Laser Pointer Pen
Do they ship to the US? Is it reliable? Please get back to me, thanks

I recently got the 3-pack and was surprised that even with the red one I could faintly see the beam in a dark room! Now THAT'S bright for a RED!

I recently got the 3-pack and was surprised that even with the red one I could faintly see the beam in a dark room! Now THAT'S bright for a RED!

Do you think that is the same for most reds off of amazon? My old red i got at a gas station is pretty dim, So I was debating about ordering a red off of amazon because I assumed it would be brighter.
Do you think this one would be good: only 4.20$ with case and batteries
http://www.amazon.com/American-Scie...K6Q2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335019840&sr=8-1

Do you think that one would be pretty bright, Or is there a different one you think I should get?

Do you think that is the same for most reds off of amazon? My old red i got at a gas station is pretty dim, So I was debating about ordering a red off of amazon because I assumed it would be brighter.
Do you think this one would be good: only 4.20$ with case and batteries
Amazon.com: American Science & Surplus Red Laser Pointer With Case and Batteries: Electronics

Do you think that one would be pretty bright, Or is there a different one you think I should get?

I don't know about that particular one, but any made by QQ-Tech seem to be pretty amazing.

I don't know about that particular one, but any made by QQ-Tech seem to be pretty amazing.

Think this would be good then:
Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® 5mW 5in1 High Power Red Laser Pointer Pen with 5 Star Constellation Projection Caps 5 Patterns of Stage light Infinite Pleasures: Electronics

Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® 5mW 650 nm Red 2in1 Laser Pointer with Constellation Cap Mini Stage Light: Home & Kitchen

The first one comes with 5 heads for like 13$ and the 2nd one comes with 1 head for like 7.50$, do you think they are both the same laser, one just comes with more caps?

I don't know, but it couldn't hurt to have them. Better safe than sorry, ya know.