Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Really Cool host...

I have an old full one with the battery case missing, someone gave me for parts to make a laser host from, the amount of plastic and internal construction are iffy it would require quite a bit of modification. Its a full size though.

AUS

its only 1/2" diameter too it wouldn't fit anything standard in it you would have to custom build something

aww... Well there are people here that do that kinda work :p (eg Jayrob) But won't be possible for us simple minds xD
Haha Thnx for the reply ;)

Grtz

This question popped up a long time ago.

I dont recall why, but these would not make good lasers.

hmm, wouldnt be too hard. eudaimonium could make you some custom heatsinks and stuff.
and you would have a nice amount of space for a laser build. i'd say go for it. would be truly unique

p.s that lightsaber looks a bit small. why not get a full size metal one. would be better heatsinking and easier to build into

Last edited:
Yes probably a metal more expensive (2nd hand, broken down) thing would be a lot better :p You only need the host :p There are some bigger ones out there. I just saw it and thought it would be pretty cool :p haha :p

Grtz

try not to search for replicas, they cost a fortune. im sure you can find a metal lightsaber hilt somewhere for a cheap price :D

lol you inspired me to take another wack at taking apart an old obi wan lightsaber to see what I can make out of it, 2 hours now and much blood shed, I cored most of the plastic and electronics, I tapped out a rivet, unscrewed the switch, nothing on the main tube seems to want work with me, I could not even get it to unscrew at its joints using a huge set of pliers and a vice, I am about to hack saw it in half. :p

ahh you mean the blade, yeah that can be a pain, try sawing it and melting/burning/filing/sanding away the remains on the inside

They are 2 places on the main hilt that should unscrew but when they made it they dumped a pound of glue everywhere inside :p It is a decent size internally, would be good for home brew dpss perhaps, or RGB laser or BR laser :p It is a Obi Wan master replica hilt, took allot of "force" to take this thing apart.