Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss shipping Partial orders?

MrDave

I just ordered the Rayfoss RF532-200mW-FMK(IR Filter) for $295

It was shipped UPS Super saver on the 9th and arrived on the 11th.

My only problem is that it was wrapped well in a bubble wrap envelope Like a big Hot Dog. And the laser is all that came.

I already sent an email to Rayfoss, but it was Friday night before I got home to find my laser left on my back porch by my UPS driver.

I'm curious if you guys think they are sending the Case, Charger, battery, Keys, and safety plug in a second shipment?

Let me know what you guys think...

Thanks-
----------------------
Faona sent me a Singapore post tracking number.
Indeed she had sent the rest of the package out on the same day to help protect delivery.
I verified the airmail dropoff date was the same as the UPS dropoff date.
The case with Charger, battery, Keys and safety plug should be here soon :)

Last edited:

jeez i hope not i just ordered from them. maybe customs took the case (for our sakes i hope not) how long did it take for you to recieve the laser.

MrDave

The package was clearly the laser only and was shipped UPS on June 9th and arrive June 11th. The package was opened but the laser was not removed, nor had the inner packings been cut or removed off of the laser. It probably was slit open for a Dog to smell internally.

I've read that they have been having issues with shipping batteries from China in some posts, And another thread where the batteries and charger came separately.

I used a CR123a and a make shift end cap to test my laser and it is so much brighter then my 50mw pen, on an order of magnitude brighter!

The product is intact, so worrying about the laser isn't an issue - LOL - thats what everyone worries about, right? HA

When Faona answers my email I'm pretty sure she'll say it was shipped separately, its a big package with the case.

But like everyone else, I get worried, too.
To be clear the case was not shipped. Only the laser was in my package, no keys or saftey plug, just wrapped up in a bubble envelope (Taped up like a big summer sausage). Customs didnt take anything from the package delivered to me, unless the laser had been filled with heroin - LOL j/k :p

Last edited:
yeah ive heard about 18650s being confiscated. sucks because i ordered two of them.

MrDave

It seems cool,
Faona said that for safety she shipped the larger package by airmail, and gave me the tracking number and that it should be 3-5 days out. I'll just have to make do with knowing that the laser is safe for now. LOL
Funny how it arrived so quick, I was surprised, I wasn't expecting anything for at least another week to 2 weeks.

I'll update the thread when the second package arrives. As far as the laser, it arrived safely. I don't have an LPM so I won't be able to test it's strength, though. If anyone knows of a shop near Seattle who has one to test my laser, let me know :)

Thanks,
another David-

Were you able to give them your billing info on the web page? I just tried ordering some things and after giving my name, address, phone, and email it just said order complete and gave me a confirmation number...

NM, they sent me a paypal bill.

Last edited:

MrDave

LOL answered your own question, I see :)

My second package arrived after the weekend, everything arrived fine.

The laser is sweet! Defocus the lens and the torch beam is about 6 inches from the apperature, it will light a white match instantly and punch thru the black back of a cd case in about 3 seconds.

With the lens all the way focused in the beam will punch thru the cd case in about 10 seconds, lighting a white match takes a little longer, but put a black sharpie dot on the white match and youre back to instantly lights again.