Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rayfoss RF532-200mW-FGB. good to purchase?ur opinion?

hello boys... in my mind i have a big idea..... a red:eg: that say me..."buy an HighPowered laserrr!!".

i don't knowif to do this or not :) however... i would not spend too much money..... and IF in the future i wil ldecide to buy one of the most powerfull green lasers... i will not uy a laser from rayfoss/olike.. but from opto.....laserglow...dragon... and spend 700.. 1000$ on it.

BUT i've found a job by 2 months... and now i have more important things to buy..... so i am looking a good offer for price/power.

every HANDHELD laser i've seen... starts from 290/300$ (250mw filtered)rayfoss. or 340$ 300mw olike.

BUT i noticed that the "FGB" laser at rayfoss store is in 350 and 200mw version.
http://www.rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=64

350$ dor 350mw and 215$ for 200mw. if i am CORRECT..... no other sellers sell a 2WATT diode laser for 215$.
i am not sure if it is a 2watt diode.. but i think it is!!! because all theese handheld lasers use a 2watt diode.....

i MUST SAY AN IMPORTANT THING TO YOU: i could ask to rayfoss a better powered item... because i recently bought a 150mw pen....but it arrived underpowered at 100mw peak and stable 80/70mw. i shipped it back and i am waiting for faona confirm me the pack is arrived back.

this is the reason i thnk.. i could ask a "good powered" 200mw laser. another member said he contacted faona about this laser and she responded that it can peak 275mw. so i cpuld ask her to give me a unit that is A LITTLE BETTER THAN the average units that she ship. ....like 320peak 270 stable.

if faona will accept this....i think this will be one of the best offer ever seen. plus... this laser is FOCUSABLE.....an apreciated PRO for me :bowdown:

Last edited:

no 1 reply.... hei................................................................................

Last edited:

Zimz

Idk man. Im in the same boat as you. Im looking and looking for just the right one. At first I "had" to have a focasable beam. But looking at the prices you can get a 600 mw for almost the same price. So if you can get a decent divergence on the high power do you really need the 300mw that can focus? Right now im looking at going high power.

...... i can get 600mw for the SAME price? for 215 dollars?............mmhhh? i dont understand

I'm looking at the 200mW of the model you're talking about, realista. I placed an order, but they said they want to do it through paypal, so I have to do that now. Rayfoss does have good customer service I think. So once I get that done, and confirm that I'm getting UPS (3-6 day worldwide) shipping with Faona, then I will have my laser! I will post pictures so you guys can see it. I'll post beam, point, and host pix.

the laser i think is good.. but i am not sure about beam specs. in the site i read 1.7mrad..... i hope it could be better.
and i am thinking about the ease of opening it. ........and CHANDE the mA output of the driver.. to have MORE mw.......... i don't kow if it is possible. it should have a 2watt diode.... but this could be an "unlucky unit " of the big brother 350mw...... with most efficient crystals.

if the quality is the same.. it can be tuned UP until 300... 350mw.... but if it is a pretested____low efficiency module.... it is just setted at the max power :(

.... if some member can test( member with more tech skills or veterans.....) it.....and say that it can easyly tuned up untill 350mw stable...... at 215$ it could be the MOST IMPORTANT BEST BUY for all us.

Last edited:
the laser i think is good.. but i am not sure about beam specs. in the site i read 1.7mrad..... i hope it could be better.
and i am thinking about the ease of opening it. ........and CHANDE the mA output of the driver.. to have MORE mw.......... i don't kow if it is possible. it should have a 2watt diode.... but this could be an "unlucky unit " of the big brother 350mw...... with most efficient crystals.

if the quality is the same.. it can be tuned UP until 300... 350mw.... but if it is a pretested____low efficiency module.... it is just setted at the max power :(

.... if some member can test( member with more tech skills or veterans.....) it.....and say that it can easyly tuned up untill 350mw stable...... at 215$ it could be the MOST IMPORTANT BEST BUY for all us.

They are pretested, low efficiency modules. This is what Faona told me regarding my results;
"after aging test the stable power output is 275mw. Peak can reach 315mW."
Still,this is a really good value. It's perfect for what I want. I have a greenie 5mW pen from RadioHack (a gift), and a 10mW 405nm pen from o-like. And I don't need to spend good money on someting, turn the output of it up, then have it burn out on me. I'd rather just make a more powerful laser of my own later when I have the need to. Honestly, 275-315mW is good for me!
Now, back to playing with my pointers... :can:

ALSO- The pump is ran at 80% output. Thanks to Faona for the info.

Last edited:
i bought it. i am waiting for shipment. my unit is 330 stable peak about 350..... i wait my little son :)

i bought it. i am waiting for shipment. my unit is 330 stable peak about 350..... i wait my little son :)

Damn, mine doesn't even peak at your stable output... How much did you pay though? Did you buy a 300mW older brother version? I paid for the 200mW version. With an (untested) average of 275. When I get my new safety key shipped in the mail I'll send it to a LPF member with a Laserbee to test it.

It is a very nice laser. You'll be really happy with your purchase. I say the worst thing about it is the divergence, but it's not that bad. I bet it could be corrected a bit with some effort.