Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Questions about United Nuclear Neodymium magnets

vizp

Re: Questions about United Nuclear Neodymium magne

This note is sorta OT, as it's more about small magnets than large ones:

There are plenty of places online detailing magnetic levitation of single small magnets or flakes of strongly diamagnetic graphite. However, this may be the first online mention that a thin 1-2mm puck of such graphite will slide sans friction (no friction? :-? :eek: ) across a checkerboard of magnetic poles from, say, small cube magnets. :cool:

vizp said:
This note is sorta OT, as it's more about small magnets than large ones:

There are plenty of places online detailing magnetic levitation of single small magnets or flakes of strongly diamagnetic graphite. However,  this may be the first online mention that a thin 1-2mm puck of such graphite will slide sans friction (no friction? :-? :eek: ) across a checkerboard of magnetic poles from, say, small cube magnets. :cool:
nothing new about that I have said magnets and said pyrolytic graphite and have been doing it for ages, there are also tons of videos mine and otherwise on the net that shows just that.

diachi

Morepower said:
[quote author=Razako link=1211915705/0#0 date=1211915705]http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm
I just purchased the 1-1/2" Sphere and 2 of the  1" Dia x 1" Long NdFeB Rod Magnets.
Anyone here know of some cool things to do with these?  I'm thinking of using the two rod magnets for a levitation experiment.
Btw I know about safety:  Never let the magnets fly into each other/don't get your hand caught between them.  I already have 2 of the 30lb pull cubes and I wanted something with a bit more power.

Well one thing I noticed a while ago is if you fire a laser beam accross the top of a magnet there won't be any dust in the section of the beam directly above the magnet ![/quote]

You must have abnormal amounts of Iron Filings in your air ;D