Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Q: why are green lasers so inexpensive?

Did you read my answer? Its everybody in the world that wants visual entertainment with lasers. Enthusiasts and Astronomers are just a tiny fraction.

Did you read my answer? Its everybody in the world that wants visual entertainment with lasers. Enthusiasts and Astronomers are just a tiny fraction.

Indeed, I read your answers both here and on other threads. Your insight is valuable and helpful.

My only issue with your hypothesis is that "cheap labor" is required to support an inverse relationship between demand and price. If demand goes up, price should go up unless, as you stated, other factors (cheap labor) are in play.

Labor economics in China are changing, this should be reflected in price unless???

Definitely food for thought and a possible factor...thanks for contributing!

Yes, as the labor economic changes many things will cost more.

You are correct that if demand goes up, price goes up. But I think the Chinese figured out that they would sell more lasers if the price came down. And they have. The profit margin is very high for them, so in either case they do not lose.

Also as technology progresses, prices go down, because items are easier to manufacture. If someone said that we would be paying around $50 for 1-2W 445nm, 600mW 405nm, and 700mW 635nm diodes a few years ago, people would not believe it. Next few years we will be working with micro diodes full time as the PICO projector progresses in power.