Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PPL Programmable Portable Laser

Does anyone have one of these ? If so, please review it with beam pics, size comparison, and other info. Thanks!

Just one question. How is it programmable? Is it the dial that allows you to change to voltage or current or whatever it's called?

To my knowledge it's not programmable perse. It allows you to dial up the current to the diode, making the output adjustable.

Hi Abgdvl089,
Morepower is exactly right, the adjustment switch allows you to vary (program) the diode current.

Rob, I'm sure there are a few forum members who have the PPL and could give you an opinion. If there are any questions I can answer for you about the PPL, just drop me a PM or email.

Jack

Aseras

The RPL and PPL are the same. The PPL uses c batteries and the RPL uses a 18650 lithium cell. check out the rpl reviews to get an idea.

Aseras said:
The RPL and PPL are the same. The PPL uses c batteries and the RPL uses a 18650 lithium cell. check out the rpl reviews to get an idea.
Hi Aseras,
Actually on the inside they are not the same at all.
RPL uses 2.5W IR diode vs 1.2W diode on the PPL.
RPL has higher quality crystal to accommodate the larger diode.
RPL is ~1 inch shorter (battery related as the lithium cell is shorter than 2 C cells.
RPL uses a better driver board and with the battery protection circuit that also has ESD protection for the diode.

On the outside, they look very much the same and for given power rating, they perform equally well.....Wait, not quite true, the RPL also has less divergence than the PPL.

Basically the RPL is the 2nd generation of the PPL so to speak.

Jack

elitex

I just got a PPL100 and it is one nasty bastard. It wastes baloons rather quickly, almost instantly. The beam lights up a room and you can see the beam in a lit room. I call it a "ghost killer". If you are looking for a laser to get things done with, go with this one. Optotronics has a superior product, and it isn't wimpy like most others, and worth every penny. I'm using Duracell C 2500mah rcbats, they are the MINIMUM this thing requires. get 5000mah and you will see what it can really do.

glad u liked it :) i was considering a ppl too but decided to opt for the rpl