Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible pre-made compact driver

S

SenKat

No - I don't like that for LD driving :( The reviews on it are bad - the stats are misrepresented, and I really do not like the buck circuits that much :( I would prefer to see the 6v input to 3v output boards that regulate it to 300-350ma...with proper heatsinking, you will FLY with that type !

Yeah alot of the LD's wonlt lase at 1.5v and i'm sure that thing would recat badly to doubling the input voltage(but it would be fun to try hehe)

So SenKat, you are saying that it would be better if you had something with a higher voltage input like this
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3256. But before you jump to a conclusion keep in mind I am trying to find an alternative way to making a driver. You may need to add certain things like resistors and such but I was wondering if this is an acceptable/useable approach with less human error. (of course you could make a driver yourself but they might have one made smaller needing minor modifications.) ;)