Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pointer to expander question

wanabe

Hi all! New poster here.

Finally got something other than an ebay pen.

I received a <200mw 405nm 303 Prome the other day. Burns black paper alright once it's dialed in. Exciting.

https://laserpointerstore.com/303-prome-star-series-laser-pointer

I was wondering if this 3x expander fits and works on the 303 Prome. Hopefully to see even more of this beautiful beam in the sky and maybe even burn a larger variety of things.

https://laserpointerstore.com/3x-magnification-optical-expander

The threads seem to match up and the holes seem have matching diameters. It doesn't say on the web site. Probably because they want to make all the monies off more expensive lasers.

Looking for less biased independent third party opinions to confirm fit and function.

I'm aware of the financial irony of what I'm attempting, but still trying to save money.

Has anyone here done this? Any recommendations for other expanders if not?

:thanks: The community here is great.

Ask tommy. He is the rep for that seller on the forum. I would say that the beam expander would fit that host since the star caps usually have the same threading. I don't think it would be that great for a 405 especially at 200mw. More optics more loss from them. A SM 405 has possibly the best beam specs your going to find from a direct diode at that price point.

wanabe

Thanks dden4012! I figured something like this would be the case. Glad to hear it could at least fit though.

"tommy" is his screen name here? I can PM him questions?

Sorry, I'm a newb. What is an SM 405? Link?

SM is shorthand for single mode. Yes tommy is the screen name. MM is shorthand for multimode. Search bar on the bottom of the page use it. :)