Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics 8/31

I purchased a CNI PGL-RG 655/532 from mhemling33 (see my post in Trades Feedback section) this week and he also sent me 2 different dyes to be used with a 405nm to make the dyes glow. I used the laser and the dyes in my photo shoot this week to very nice results. When photographing the dyes I used my 2- 405nm 500mw, one from each side going through the liquid, into a prism on the other side and then into a mirror and back through the liquid so I was able to really light it up. On some shots I also used another 405nm 280mw to illuminate the liquid even more. I augmented these shots with many of my other lasers to a real nice effect. I have never used these dyes before, but I know I will be buying a GLOW kit in the next few days if it is still available (I hope). I also used the CNI RG laser on many other pics. Lastly I tried to improve my shot from last week where I used my 5mw 589nm and a blue, green, and red through diffraction gratings and got a better result, at least until I get a more powerful 589 (80mw or 50mw) through wannaburnstuffs GB . Also thanks again to mhemling33! Enjoy

a little bit better than last weeks version

Last edited:

Holy Crap that looks awesome!!!!!! I never knew how cool that dye was I have more of that stuff I need to try out now!

One picture that I wanted to take with the PGL-RG that I forgot to take is shinning it through a diffraction grating in combined mode. You get to see the differences in spaces between the dots and the beams look really cool.

one thing i was wondering is with that many lasers how do you keep track of run times. It's easy to get carried away trying to grab the perfect shot that you forget about run time. I was thinking about possibly using a timer next time I break out the fog machine for some pictures.

By the way I would +1 you if it would let me.

Hey mhemling33,
Thanks, usually the lasers are kept on for maybe 2 mins maximum. I wil get them set up one by one and then turn them all on and shoot maybe 5 or 6 photos at different exposures and angles. Though my 589nm and 593.5nm are more unstable and kept on for under a minute at a time

gismo

Lovely pics, man!

Again, the first one is epic, the glow kit shots turned out nicely, too. Beams shot through liquid in differently shaped glass objects can bring out some interesting photographing results:).

I planned to post some shots myself, but preferred to post my 520nm build by Blord in the Review section first. I believe next weekend is another chance to introduce a little something...I want to show my very basic & simple setup using up to 5 medium sized lasers in one line while attached to up to 5kg limit aluminium tripod.

Pictures taken with the Galaxy Note 2 phone I use won't be the greatest, but hopefully they turn out to be watchable. Lots of hours ahead of me to get acceptable shots:eek:.

Again, :kewlpics:, Brucemir!

Last edited:
Hey Gismo,
Looking forward to your review and future photos