Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Paypal money "on hold"

I've never had a PP payment held... I'd really like to know why they are doing
it to you..:thinking: Have you asked them why you're getting "special" treatment...

@Wes... "they're coming to take you away ha ha..."
"they're coming to take you away ha ha..." :whistle:

Don't get paranoid man...:cool:

Jerry

Lack of feedback, I only have 14 if you check the ebay rules they can put holds on people With less then 50. I didn't even think to ask paypal why I'll admit. I've never sold anything over $250 This went for almost $300 I'm guessing that's why ebay in it's wisdom gave me a hold order to paypal.

I'm still afarid of emailing the buyer. He has no clue how bad of a position I'm in. Negative feedback I'd lose the money. I'll deal with him once I have it fully. Terrible postion.

Now that I have a job again, ebay isn't as important I doubt I'll sell as often. Although working at an airport I might find some interesting free junk I could sell. I'm damn lucky to get a job. More relaxed now. :eek:

Still not sure if should email the buyer...

I have had a few items held up. When I called PayPal they said that they only hold the items that EBay flags. In our case it was electronics valued over 100.00. We have a 100% on our feedback with a 44. They released the funds when the delivery was confirmed. The buyer never did leave feedback. It is a piss pour way of doing business for the seller. I only ship with paypal now with delivery confirmation. I pass the cost on to the buyer. As soon has the delivery has been made I call paypal and start complaining. If they can confirm the delivery they will release the funds (or they have in our case).

Chuck

I had delivery confirmation but no signature confirmation. My feedback is 100% but only 14. I don't know what the deal is with him but in 7 days I'll have my money. Like a friend told me the guy could have died, been jailed hurt ect... I just know USPS has not delivered the item. Even with parcel post it should have arrived by two weeks!

Benm

Does this have to do with the buyer protection feature at all?

^So let me see if I've got this straight: On ebay when using paypal you can't access your funds at all unless the buyer leaves positive feedback. So if you sell somebody something and they forget about feedback, die, or go to prison you'll most likely not get any money, but the buyer still gets to keep their item?

I don't think so - i suppose the funds will be released if the buyer doesnt file a complaint within the 21 day escrow period.

I once had a dispute with a seller over a rather small amount (few 10s). Paypal awarded me the refund, but it took them about 2 weeks to actually get the money, since the sellers account was empty when they awarded it. I suppose this situation was introduced to prevent that on risk items.

Finally got my money. I AM SO TEMPTED TO LEAVE THE ###### negative feedback. :mad: With my new job I have far less time and need for ripoffbay. I bet that's why too, the jerk only has 24 feedback. I'll be checking to see that go up for resale... Better be the same seller if it isn't I'll have him banned.

I'll explain fully again. I needed cash quickly sold my ancient toy transformer he offered $275+35 shipping. Because I needed cash ASAP so I took the low grade offer. That would have probably sold for $200 more had I not had an emergency come up. Doesn't matter now that I work. Ah two days off!

Should I give him negative feedback or leave it? I'm truly angry and want someone to take the blame for this. Breathing in... he paid so it's paypal's fault. Can't blame the buyer. Paypal and Ebay put me in this position. What can I do about it? Other then cancel the accounts?

If you want to know why I'm angry. Imagine having $300 of your money taken from you and put "on hold", When you have bills! :mad:

Last edited:

Benm

You should not leave the buyer negative feedback: He kept up is end of the deal (i.e. PAY), and you cannot reasonably expect people to leave feedback for you on every transaction.

The problem is caused entirely by ebay/paypal and its policies... you could file come kind of complaint with customer support, but i doubt it would do any good.

Having a day to calm down, not much I can do. Annoying, I wish I had been warned first. Ebay should have told me I'd have to wait. I have the money now all that matters.

Benm

Well - lets hope it serves as an example for everyone else.. selling something by paypal isn't any good when you need the money fast.

I think when you do a payment for other things than goods, you always get immediate access to your money, but you will have to instruct the buyer to do so, which will likely make them very suspicious.

If you leave a BUYER a false positive since you can no longer leave negative ebay will suspend your account for feedback abuse, and due to your low FB rating your PAY-PAL account will be considered HIGH RISK because of the suspension and they may freeze your money for up to 180 days...

Ebay isn't as important as I work now. However, the buyer didn't do anything. Annoying experience I hope this is a lesson to all about rushing to get money through ebay.

D

Deleted member 8382

paypal-ebay is always protecting buyers but never sellers. It really sucks

Yeah, everything I sell on ebay that's under like $50 they hold the funding until they leave positive feedback or after 21 days (the shipping confirmation thing never works, since USPS sucks with their tracking). Usually I end up waiting the 21 days. I don't need the money that bad usually though. I just sold a digital camera for my buddy and he needs the money soon but the buyer was from Canada (I wrote no international shipping on the listing too lol) and they held the funds and my friend won't stop bugging me about the money now. I hate ebay/paypal.

Hallucynogenyc:
I agree with you 100%. I have been scammed twice because the buyers filed a paypal claim saying that they never got their items (gift cards). The tracking information was unavailable for whatever reason and when I checked the balance on the cards, they were spent. Paypal's support did little to help me, as they didn't answer a single question I asked. I was then threatened by PayPal to lose all of my rights as a eBay & PayPal user (my accounts would be liquidated), so I ended up having to give the buyers refunds and not suffer the consequences. Total loss of money, time, and respect towards PayPal.

Last edited:
This thread continues... The buyer contacted me today, threatened to give me negative feedback because it wasn't "perfect". :rolleyes: That doesn't take in to account the 20 or so high quality pictures I put up on the auction; he knew what he was getting. He got the item for a steal and he knows it. Thought he was smart, I knew it's value just needed the money fast.

My records indicate he probably picked the item up on May 4th.

I nearly fully told him off but remained professional. The best part is I don't need ebay anymore, now that I'm working again. I nearly told the guy off fully but thought I should keep my account in good standing.I told him I'd report his poor feedback to ebay if he tried and file a dispute. I have records and my pictures show the item condition AND he waited a month to threaten this. I wonder why... can't count buddy? 21 days since you paid, since the item is recived. Nice try at the con job.

I have the money so it doesn't matter. I bet he miscounted the days, if I had the time like I used to I'd find out if the guy tries to resell it with his real account. I won in the end. lousy crook should have learn basic math. money is mine don't care now.

I'll post pictures here if anyone doubts I would sell a "broken" item. Second buyer to pull this on me. I'm glad I'm done with ebay as a seller. :san: All my, my sales on forums in the past perfect of course as were all my other ebay sales. Personally knowing who you deal with helps! Sorry for those who are stuck using ebay.

Jking

PayPal has changed a bit a few months ago. people need very good feedback over 6 months to allow you to not have random holds on your money. They release it after 21 days or a couple days after positive feedback. and sometimes they hold it even after you receive feedback. I have even had them hold money for 2 months until i finally talked online to customer support and they released the hold.

If buyer uses foul language can that help? I want that negative feedback removed, I'm not paying 300 for it either. Waste of my time.