Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

painting aluminum

does anybody know how to easily paint aluminum? i know that there is anodized painting, but that sounds complicated, what kinda of spraypaint would you recommend to match the mxdl's black paint?

clean it, clean it again, clean it with acetone, prime it with an aluminum primer and then etch and coat it with paint for aluminum.

Or send it out to be anodized.

SN

alternate thought....

aluminum is pretty on its own

maybe just leave it as it is, it wont rust without paint ant its got it's own shine anyway

SN

ya, but i was wondering if i could make jayrob's heatsink match the flashlight it goes in, it would look cool, but i agree, aluminum is pretty [smiley=laugh.gif](unlike that smiley)

k now whats the easiest way to remove paint from aluminum? I have an Atech 200mw red that is flaking and would like to clean it up a bit :)

equlizer said:
k now whats the easiest way to remove paint from aluminum? I have an Atech 200mw red that is flaking and would like to clean it up a bit :)
Acetone should probably work. The stuffs pretty cheap, at Wal-Mart it's like $8 a gallon (or $4 a quart, but get the gallon because you always find a use for acetone!)