Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ordered a 532nm 800mw PL-E from Jetlasers

Razako

Hoping I get really lucky and receive one that peaks near or over 1000mw. Won't be too disappointed if it doesn't though. This is the laser that will complete my collection as far as I'm concerned. My aging 532nm collection was the last part that needed upgrading. Short of 488nm diodes becoming available or some crazy new green diodes coming out I think I'm set for the foreseeable future:whistle:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Good choice, I hope you get lucky also, there's probably a pretty good chance of that happening with J/L! :beer:
Did you go with the black, or the silver host?

Last edited:

Encap

Hoping I get really lucky and receive one that peaks near or over 1000mw. Won't be too disappointed if it doesn't though. This is the laser that will complete my collection as far as I'm concerned. My aging 532nm collection was the last part that needed upgrading. Short of 488nm diodes becoming available or some crazy new green diodes coming out I think I'm set for the foreseeable future:whistle:

Excellent choice---fantastic 532nm laser.

It should be overspec because they build them to meet spec after several years of use so always start out over spec.

Have you considered getting a JetLasers beam expander to go with it?

You can emil Gray at JetLasers and tell him you ordered a PL-E Pro 532nm, 800mW ask him for one that peaks around 1W and settles at 800mW or greater if possible. Chances are he can do that for you. Gray best customer service person I have ever encountered with a Chinese company and will do whatever he can to be sure you are a happy customer. Email him at: support@jetlasers.com and put "Attn: Gray" in the subject line

Sweet! Make sure you are careful Razako, which I'm sure you know. 1W of 532 is no joke! :eek:

-Alex

Razako

Sweet! Make sure you are careful Razako, which I'm sure you know. 1W of 532 is no joke! :eek:

-Alex
Yeah, I'll definitely be safe with it. It will be far from my most dangerous laser though. That honor goes to the 5W build from Alien.
If you don't mind me asking, how are you getting a CNI 589nm? I thought they don't ship here anymore?

Excellent choice---fantastic 532nm laser.

Have you considered getting a JetLasers beam expander to go with it?
I actually have a Jetlasers PL-E BE.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll definitely be safe with it. It will be far from my most dangerous laser though. That honor goes to the 5W build from Alien.
If you don't mind me asking, how are you getting a CNI 589nm? I thought they don't ship here anymore?

I actually have a Jetlasers PL-E BE.

Hello Razako,

I simply placed an order with Adam over at DragonLasers for their 50mW Spartan unit & we agreed that he would place an order for me over at CNI on the 3C model. So, it looks like if you're go by DragonLasers you might still be able to get CNI handhelds! :yh:

-Alex

Razako

Hello Razako,

I simply placed an order with Adam over at DragonLasers for their 50mW Spartan unit & we agreed that he would place an order for me over at CNI on the 3C model. So, it looks like if you're go by DragonLasers you might still be able to get CNI handhelds! :yh:

-Alex
That's actually awesome if DL are willing to act as a middleman and ship us CNI handhelds.

That's actually awesome if DL are willing to act as a middleman and ship us CNI handhelds.

Yeah! That could definitely boost sales for both CNI and DragonLasers and would allow LPF members to get back into buying from CNI. I don't know if Adam will order other handhelds for you but it worked for the 589 at least for me :yh:

-Alex

Encap

Is pretty much all DL does or has ever done - they are a middle man company renaming and reselling, at retail prices, CNI products. All of the DL hand helds DL ordinarily sells are CNI made hand helds.

You can obtain any of CNI products from any of CNI's 22 Distributors worldwide. They can all sell CNI products if they wish to subject to the laws, rules, and regulations of the Country they are located in and some in spite of same.
See: Contact CNI

The problem for hobby people if they want to order directly from CNI is that CNI itself will not ship hand helds to USA. CNI was were caught doing so in violation of FDA rules a few times, were visited by an FDA representative, and were put on the Import Alert 95-04 "red" list 2/15/2015 which they would like to be removed from.
See: Import Alert 95-04

To be removed for the red list requires the following according to the above Import Alert:
"In order to remove a firm from detention without physical examination, information should be provided to FDA to adequately demonstrate that the manufacturer has resolved the conditions that gave rise to the appearance of the violation, so that the agency will have confidence that future entries will be in compliance. For example, when appropriate, the request should include information for FDA to adequately assess whether the manufacturer's quality control and testing program is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act (Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, Chapter V, Subchapter C) and 21 CFR 1010.2 and their laser products comply with the Federal Performance Standard for Laser Products (21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11). In addition, under 21 CFR 1002.10(k), the importer must provide other information CDRH may reasonably require to determine whether the importer is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act and applicable standards."

PS IF you look at the list --Dragon Lasers has been on the Import Alert 095-4 since 7/16/2012 . Their real name on the list is:
Changchun Dragon Lasers Co., Ltd.
Yizhong Mingcheng, G2-403high Tech Zone,, Jilinjilin, CHINA

So what that means is:
CNI itself is attempting to comply with US FDA laws, rules and regulations as a responsible manufacturer.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
This is useful info, as I believe this will apply to the UK soon. I didn't know that both CNI and DL were red listed before. I knew that CNI was restricted for orders to the US,AUS,NZ etc.