Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics Premium +150mW Green Laser - died on the 91st day

bug373

the title explains everything :cryyy:, I hope Jack from Opto can fix it :thinking:

I think I am the unluckiest optotronics customer

the symptom is the beam is not anymore visible and the dot is not bright at all ... it should be around 5mw maybe even less

I cleaned the hole with a manual air blower, but result was the same, I always carry my laser in a small "pen bag". It was never dropped, for sure not disassembled, and I always use rechargeable branded AAA batteries (Sanyo, Sony, Energizer) and sometimes I use also the energizers lithium (1.5V)

Laha

Sorry for you man, My 400mw has similar simptoms, also really took care of it treated it like a baby, but within the warranty frame (also 90 days) Contact Jack, he will surely help you some ways probably he does the best customer service in the bussiness.

bug373

Sorry for you man, My 400mw has similar simptoms, also really took care of it treated it like a baby, but within the warranty frame (also 90 days) Contact Jack, he will surely help you some ways probably he does the best customer service in the bussiness.

thank you for your support :)

I contacted him already, he told me : "I will try to fix but if the laser diode or module itself failed, there is nothing I can do about that."

at least he offered me to get another one at cost, is better than nothing ...

I undesrtand they have small profit on this and they are only reseller, but the company who build them could really take care a little more about the quality, because it's not a 50$ laser or give 6 months warranty period

If I have to pay for another laser it will be like two times 196$ ...

The CNI GLP-532nm-150mW/Unit is USD 295.00 and it's 6 months warranty ... I bought one 100mw like this, before the Opto and he's still alive and good working

I don't know what to do ... to take another one Opto or to go for this CNI 150mw ...

Assuming mine is dead but I am almost sure it can't be easily fixed :confused:

Asherz

Hey buddy,

it's a shame to hear about your laser, but from it sounds like as long as it is still outputting light the crystals could have just mis aligned them selves. Whether or not Jack will fix this I do not know :S

Laha

thank you for your support :)

I contacted him already, he told me : "I will try to fix but if the laser diode or module itself failed, there is nothing I can do about that."

at least he offered me to get another one at cost, is better than nothing ...

I undesrtand they have small profit on this and they are only reseller, but the company who build them could really take care a little more about the quality, because it's not a 50$ laser or give 6 months warranty period

If I have to pay for another laser it will be like two times 196$ ...

The CNI GLP-532nm-150mW/Unit is USD 295.00 and it's 6 months warranty ... I bought one 100mw like this, before the Opto and he's still alive and good working

I don't know what to do ... to take another one Opto or to go for this CNI 150mw ...

Assuming mine is dead but I am almost sure it can't be easily fixed :confused:

Try to get the longer warranty next time. Lasers are sensitive creatures aspecially with high output. I would trust Jack, if you read the forum he is praised all over. I also have good experiences with him.

So should I be concerned about getting one? Is this just an isolated incident?

Also what's the service been like then?

Laha

Well, the forum is all over with praising this company I haven't seen anyone against it. Lasers are very sencitive so thigs like that probably happen... We aren't finished with my case, but I have no concerns Jack seems to be an honest helpful man.

Also Opto has longer periods of warranty as options, it might worths to spend the extra money and have peace in your mind that if anything goes wrong you can still send it back for repair, I think it's common sence...

So why don't you "buy' some peace with a little extra payment?

I would do that...