Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

opinions wanted on labby setup table or rail ?

So I am looking to move from a on paper theory to start experimenting. This will start out as a rail or lab table type setup so I can get the optics and computer control all dialed in. I can see the need to swap things out a bit in the process and I can tell I will need to invest in either a rail setup or a table with all those little threaded holes in it.

Im sure some of you guys have used either rail setups or optics tables and would have an opinion as to preferences.

I am on a fairly small budget at the moment but I think either a rail or a table would work.

Anyone want to pass on opinions or suggestions as to what they liked or didnt like in building either a low cost rail setup or a low cost threaded table setup? If it comes to it I guess I could chuck up a chunk of aluminum in the mill and get to tapping (if I really had to).

This will be to mount up a fiber coupled diode and run it through some beam expander and colimater setups, just doing research at this point.