Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

On a budget - 50mW o-like green, focalprice goggles suitable?

Well, the title pretty much explains it. :)

I've got a 50mW o-like greenie (6-in-1) in the mail, and I was just browsing around the safety forums, and saw these focalprice goggles recommended:
Focalprice.com offers Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess ,discount Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess,Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess products,low price Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess,cheap Professional Anti Green Laser Glasses

I'm aware these are probably not that good, but AFAIK, 50mW shouldn't need really good goggles, right? :confused:

If I had the money to buy $50 goggles, I'd have got a $200 >150mW laser to match - I won't be buying another laser for some time.

From what I've read, since I'm asking about goggles, I need goggles, so I'd like to make this purchase worth it!

P.S. I've got 2 other lasers - a <5mW red (I know I don't need goggles for that :D) and a 10mW violet which I don't think I need goggles for. Thoughts?

VERGiL

I got those focalprice goggles and they are okay.
There's also a nice review of those goggles on LPF.

But keep in mind, that the goggles do NOT block green lasers' IR.