Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Old newbie...

Hi. I'm returning to this forum for the first time in a few years. I was here in 2007 (posted under HanShotFirst), and after speaking with several members on the forum, decided to purchase a Nova Alpha 105, 532nm green. Well, when the 105 arrived, the screw holding the lens shield in place on the front had come off, and was rattling around inside. I sent it back to Nova, and they upgraded me to the 125 series. :D

The specs that came back with the new laser showed that it was putting out 148.5 mW avg, and 157 peak. :drool: Many a brown recluse spider has met its fate at the hands of the mighty Alpha 150. :lasergun:

It is a thing of beauty. Still is. I've taken good care of it. Not to say that it couldn't use some maintenance...but that's for another thread.

I was also around here when Deal Extreme offered a 200mW Red for around $20.00. At .10 cents per milliwatt, not a bad deal at all. Haven't metered it, but it's a decent burner.

It was around that time that there were a lot of folks getting into the DIY BlueRay burners. Quite a few group buys for sleds, hosts, diodes...interesting.

Anyway. Just over a month ago, I noticed that my Alpha was starting to mode hop. Again, not for this thread, I know. I'll look around first, and if I don't find my answer, I'll post.

I'll also be posting to ask a few more questions here and there.

Anyway, good to see that the forum is still as neutral as it has ever been, except in the area of people/companies pushing garbage on unsuspecting clientele. :tsk:

Oh, last thing. I find it ironic that there was a phrase in latin used to state that English is the official/general language of the forum. I'm just saying...

Attachments

• IMG_4247.JPG
    IMG_4247.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 59

welcome.gif
back to the Forum....
Looks like you were here before I even registered...
You have a lot of catching up to do since then..

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry