Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Odst.

Doofus

I liked it. The plot was much better than Halo 3, and it was interesting. There are a lotta new features that rock, like the nav map/menu, and the visor. Also, the new submachine gun is pretty pimp. Or I just like weapons with zooms. Other than some of the plot options, it’s pretty much classic halo. Run, find goal, shoot, don’t die, run more, shoot, complete. The health system is much more like Halo 1 though, with healthpacks. None of that Shield regeneration stuff.

New Mombasa is incredibly repetitive, get ready to get confused a lot, and it takes you a while in the first 10min to figure out where you’re going. Overall, I’d still recommend the first player over Halo 3. The multiplayer is incredible, hoard mode is flippin sweet. You, your friend, vs wave after wave of baddies. It’s good times.

Anyway, just thought I’d share my experience since I know there’s a lot of other people out there eagerly awaiting the game.

Btw, it’s worth noting that the main characters facial models look a lot like they do IRL, which brought a cool perspective. Nathan Fillion (Main character from Firefly/serenity) is the VA for Buck, and does a great job. It’s kinda creepy how much the character in the game looks like him. Oh, and before I forget, there are tons of jokes and cheesy/witty quips in the game. It’s more like Halo 1 style storytelling in that regard as well.

Go go virgil.

diachi

I was considering making a thread about this earlier ! Decided I didn't know enough about it. Can't wait to get my copy though, I loved the last three Halos!

Doofus

I played through it in one go Friday night, Co-op Mode, Legendary. (The way I like to play it :D). Honestly I wasn't even considering it for myself till I played a few games of multiplayer and went "YES".

ZRTMWA

Hoard modes have become really popular in video games since GOW2's hoard and COD5's nazi zombie mode.