Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like quality

Hi there:D
I ordered the 50 mw chrome laser from o-like last week and i was wondering about the quality of these lasers. I have seen some good and bad things about o-like in the past. Have they straightened it out?

Last edited:

I think you'll like them a lot, they are very bright....you can see the beam clearly.
I've bought three over the past 18 months, they shipped quickly (received within 2-3 weeks).

The one thing I have to mention is they heat up VERY fast due to pretty much zero heat-sinking.
I suggest 20-30 seconds ON followed by 45-60 seconds OFF for cool down, depending on your unit.

I recommend rechargeable batteries over alkaline's.
They'll produce a slightly higher voltage I think, so you'll get better performance.
Check out http://www.batteryjunction.com/ and http://www.lighthound.com/ for some nice batteries and a chargers if you need them.

good luck :beer:

I know this is a little bit late but, i've ordered that laser and i was wondering, does it use 2x AAA batteries?

Encap

The should be a really nice pen---very bright green.

Just watch the duty cycle/how long you leave it on---when it warms up turn off and let it cool down as other have said.

I know this is a little bit late but, i've ordered that laser and i was wondering, does it use 2x AAA batteries?

You ordered a laser and you don't even know what batteries it uses?

It might be a very good idea to research exactly what are you buying, BEFORE you buy it, never buy stuff on impulse, you will regret it sooner or later.

I looked, i found some info about it but not what type of batteries it uses, although i suppose 2xAAA

Based on the size and voltage, it's almost certainly going to be 2xAAA. 12mm is large enough to hold AAA, but too small for AA.

Your avatar reminds me of this: