Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like new style waterproof 200mw red

now with pics!! :D

-Shipping: i ordered this product and although the processing was super fast the shipping was anything but, it took around a month to receive my laser and on top of that after waiting for a tracking number i finally lost my patience and had to email them about it but at least it got here....the packaging was OK, just your standard bubble wrap bag, the laser was securely set in a nice black box along with the battery and in a separate box was the charger for the battery

SHIPPING: 4/10

11604304.png

-The Laser: the laser itself feels sturdy but not bulky even with the battery in it, there is a slight rattle from the battery when it is fully assembled but i fixed that by wrapping it once over with some duct tape, the laser dot is blindingly bright and the beam is fairly visible in a dark room or on a cloudy night, the focusing ring offers a little more resistance then i would have liked when turning it but i would rather it be too tight then too lose, the clickly button on the back is not loose and gives u a nice loud click so u know when you turn it on

LASER: 7/10

85860242.png

-Waterproof-ness: i was scared to try this test but i can safely say that i had nothing to worry about, every removable cap has a rubber o right that securely seals it making it waterproof as advertised i clicked it on and left it in a glass of water for a few minutes and its still working fine

WATERPROOF: 10/10

44665565.png

-Burning: this thing is a burning monster it will smoke plastic, leather, basically anything black when properly focused. i actually burned a hole in the touch screen on my friend's phone >_> and on the black lid of his laptop, this thing can light matches in around 10 seconds with a steady hand and properly focused beam,

BURNING: 8/10

30575234.png

-Overall: i think for around $50 this is a great burning laser the only real problem i am having is that the dot gives off so much damn light i cant use it for prolonged periods because its so blinding, im going to have to invest in some red laser goggles in the near near future, as far as this laser goes its great value for money, great burning, and just plain cool if your looking for a laser to get and are not in any hurry to get it this is the laser for you

43247483.png

Last edited:

AMN

10 seconds to light a match?!
MY DX $27 laser can do it in < 2 seconds.
Anyway, nice review. =)

Careful dude, if your melting plastic you can get a nice reflection off the sheen of the melted plastic. You might of already hurt your eyes some. Be Careful and get goggles. Don't do any burning until you get them..plz

AMN

Careful dude, if your melting plastic you can get a nice reflection off the sheen of the melted plastic. You might of already hurt your eyes some. Be Careful and get goggles. Don't do any burning until you get them..plz

Oh goodness! I missed the part that he indicated he didn't have any goggles. For the sake of your sight, do not use this laser indoor, and be very careful.

I just got the same laser, pretty much the same fast processing and really slow shipping. Thats the way it is when it comes from half way around the world. I didnt have any lazingshades for red so i dropped a pair in the cart along with the laser.

I LPM'd mine at 185 mW and she burns pretty well.

nice review and be safe ;)

Last edited: