Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like Bargain Zone 400mw portable green laser.

Nice, I just got this exact same laser my self. I bought it off yobresal for $310.
He bought it only to test and compare with other lasers in that price category.

Yes this laser is sweet. The beam is so much brighter and thicker then my other 200mW laser. While at the same time having nice divergence.
My burn tests are on par with yours. about 8 seconds to burn a hole in a cd case when it is focused to infinity. When it is focused for burning, about 4 seconds.

I would recommend this laser for anyone wanting a little something more, yet still staying in the reasonable price range.

Lasher

I've burned the hell out of things with it and did a lot of night pointing and so far so good.

I would say if you keep to the duty cycle it should last quite a while.

My guess is that these are lasers that were meant to be higher power models that when cranked up had a tendency to mode hop so they had to be turned down from that power level.

By that train of thought at the lower power its been turned down to it should have increased the life expectancy by quite a bit.

I have no proof of this or inside information just a suspicion.

I will however report back if for some reason this laser ever fails.

I do have one complaint that has cropped up. The on off clicky button sticks in the "On" position. You have to pull it out 2 turn if off. It seems that the button is a little bit to large for or out of alignment with the Hole.

Oh and B4 someone else says it. I know.
"Thats what she said" lol

Lasher