Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

o-like 100mW?

hi all
i want to buy a green laser for burning.i was looking on o-like and found this one.i wanted the 200mW one but i don't have that money at the moment.do you guys think this laser it will burn?(light fuse,matces,fireworks etc.)
thanks in advance.

It probably will burn those things with effort, but if you want real burning power for cheap, you have to stick with red.

I have a 100mW laser module from o-like it pops baloons and stings your skin, i havent really tried lighting matches because i dont have a pair of goggles yet. i used an LPM at my university and with a used CR123 it was reading 92mW (the module however was 80-100mW rating when i bought it, so this one might put out more because o-like is usually overspeck if anything) now i havent tried with a rechargeable cr123 which can be charge to 4.2 volts instead of the 3 volts the lithium one puts out so that might also make a difference.

I have a 100mW laser module from o-like it pops baloons and stings your skin, i havent really tried lighting matches because i dont have a pair of goggles yet. i used an LPM at my university and with a used CR123 it was reading 92mW (the module however was 80-100mW rating when i bought it, so this one might put out more because o-like is usually overspeck if anything) now i havent tried with a rechargeable cr123 which can be charge to 4.2 volts instead of the 3 volts the lithium one puts out so that might also make a difference.

please try matces and tell me how it will turn out.

ZRTMWA

primary would know, PM him, but it should, you might have to color them black

Well , you need to try with your effort, , mybe working ,actually, i don't kown this is a good price for 200nW, i thing you can try more

my old olike 100mw green definitely gave you a little pinch on the skin and slowly started smoking black electrical tape. Never did matches with it but i did light a fuse with it. gotta keep it close and very still.
I wouldnt go with any 200mw units yet as far as i know none of them have been 200mw. go with the 150mw olike torch for $100. it will probably burn better