Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nokia 5230 or LG Viewty?

LG ku990 or Nokia 5230? (post why)

• ku990

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rafa

Hi LPF!

My cell phone just died (well my classmates killed it...:crackup:) and I'm going to buy a new one. I like the ones in the title but I need some opinions about them.

Thanks in advance :D

Do not buy the LG KU-990...it is a terrible case of decent hardware with 0 software support.

As far as phone functions, it is bad, loosing signal intermittently. If a phone fails to do the very basic function for which it is designed reliably, it is beyond useless in my opinion.

As far as software is concerened, it is slow and quite terrible, you literally have to "hack" the phone to use new themes...

There are a few pluses though:

+Camera is excellent (nice 30fps at VGA resolution, I use it for all my tesla coil vids on youtube as I don't care is the em field destroys it), has option of 120fps shooting, also quite fun.

+Screen has decent contrast and is a decent screen in terms of touch.

I speak from experience as it was my previous phone...I would never buy an LG phone again. Seriously buy anything but the LG...

Rafa

I have some experience with LG phones. My last 2 cell phones were LG, both of them died. I said to myself "i will never buy an LG phone again" but I i found the KU990 and it didn't look so bad as the other 2, good camera... good hardware. But as I expected, software is crap. Anyway I've seen some reviews and I'm decided to buy the Nokia 5230.
Does anyone give me an opinion of the 5230? Thanks :)