Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

newb

doggy

hey, im just starting in to my own laser project and as I look around to see whats best i notice first thing is that every one is different, different color, different type, different drivers, but i wonder what is best>?

now when I say is best i am referring to cutting power of course and efficiency ratios of input energy and output light?

another question is about q-switching, i know its a pulse circuitry, but how does it work, is there like a photo-sensor to detect feedback and switch it back off?

third thing is that i was reading about pumping and flash tubes, for yag's you use a krypton flash since it has a narrow spectrum in the red(s), with the best loss efficiency at 30% or something>:? BUT WHAT would happen if i took out the yag rod altogether? the krypton light would then output at a 99% efficiency, would that boost my cutting power? I understand with such a broad band that its not really a laser, but MORE importantly would it still dazzle my friends with its awesome cutting power?