Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newb..asking a silly question :-)

has anyone ever taken the red diode out of a 16x dvd burner then...returned the dvd burner to the store to get your money back? lol ..is it possible to get away with?

i hope this doesnt get me in trouble :eek:

I wouldnt sugest this you could get in trouble, and there would be practicly no way to put it back because all the warenty void stickers would be cut and the inside would have been sliced and diced open basicly to get the diode.

S

SenKat

Besides the fact that is theft....kinda hard to word it any other way - it is very wrong to do that, and Karma will bite you in the ass for doing stuff like that :( Imagine a kid with BARELY enough money to buy a DVD burner, so he can create a DVD with pictures on it for his dying baby sister - he gets it home, and it has been gutted - the store won;t take it back since it is busted all up - his sister dies without ever seeing the cool dvd he planned.

Is that kinda severe ? You had better believe it ! I am locking this topic so others can refer back to this question, and how theft makes ME feel - it sickens me to the core, despite the fact that it pisses me off beyond belief. Plain and simple - DON'T DO IT.