Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New WL

Sniper

I dont know much about this, but in steves blog he mentioned coming out with a new laser, one that promises to be more "precise" and have more power.

Theres a lot of information on one of the threads on the laser community, i just thought i might want to mention it here becuase no one goes there anymore cuz it sucks.

Thats what they said about the RBG spyder (according to pseudo(I think)). But it might be true. Maybe they will be higher quality and won't have to be RMA'd near as much as the current ones, cause I really hope so.

S

SenKat

Well,

I have nothing against Wicked personally - but I do know for a fact that their current product lines are plagued with issues - I own a 15mw classic that is crap, and not worth it to me to RMA for replacement, so it sits in a lonely part of one of my desk drawers, with other busted crap. They had better pull a nice shiny rabbit out of their hat if they wish to stay in business for too much longer - as many issues as there are reported, it's only a matter of time before they go under, and their "speak no evil" forum as well. Just my $.02 (U.S.)....if they DID come out with something of quality, then I would applaud them - but so far all I see is smoke and mirrors !

Well my 15mw classic is really great, i have no scientific method of measuring the output in mWs but it's pretty bright, burns things and the batteries last forever, read here that their low power lasers are usually good but higher powered ones often have problems, so i guess it cannot be generalized but then again i wouldn't take the chance again after everything i read, just hope they will learn and release new lasers with more quality control. Must also say that I've not seen any other 15mw that comes with green shades for that price.

nes_ds

Like I said on the LC, there's a 90% chance it's yellow-ish.

The facts for my basis:

1. Andrew and Steve have told me in emails that there is a "yellow-ish" WL in development.
2. All of it's major competitors now have orange or yellow lasers.
3. Like Sen Kat said, the need to pull a rabbit out of their hat. ;D

And, if it's with about $600< I can have enough WB's to get it within a month :cool:

I would take anything they say with a big grain of salt. Their credibility is nil and it's going to take alot to change that around.

A prudent customer wouldn't buy a "new" model from them until several months after it is being shipped to customers and they hear lots of good opinions from "real" buyers, not paid reviewers.

I do think they are getting a message, their forums are very quiet lately.

S

SenKat

bootleg2go said:
I would take anything they say with a big grain of salt. Their credibility is nil and it's going to take alot to change that around.

A prudent customer wouldn't buy a "new" model from them until several months after it is being shipped to customers and they hear lots of good opinions from "real" buyers, not paid reviewers.

I do think they are getting a message, their forums are very quiet lately.

Their forums are quiet, because they only allow praise about their products, LOL !! THAT's why !