Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW to lasers and woant to build a show

Hello all,

I recently just built my first laser projector. It is a very crude model but it serves its purpose. Needless to say, I am hooked and I want to try something more complicated. I would like to use laser diodes as opposed to portable laser (pen style) products for the sake of space. Beyond some basic knowledge with voltage and soldering I know nothing of electronics which presents a fairly large roadblock for me. I don't need the lasers to do anything but shine continuously... I think. As far as I know if they shine through a cut crystal ball and motion is involved, they should diffract and create a cool pattern. Bottom line is, I need some direction.

I was wondering if anyone knew some place to get some affordable laser diodes in green and red that would suit my needs as well as some high power blue LEDS. I also need some assistance with figuring out a good motor to use as well as any laser drivers I need to buy or build. I wouldn't mind building some for the sake of experience.

Thank you in advance for any help provided. Hopefully, sometime in the near future I will have a nice, new laser projection project finished.

*I have read the sticky in the tutorials section on building my first laser and I am incredibly overwhelmed. There is a TON of information and it is all fantastic but there is just too much for me to process*

Last edited:

Welcome To LPF BTW...

*I have read the sticky in the tutorials section on building my first laser and I am incredibly overwhelmed. There is a TON of information and it is all fantastic but there is just too much for me to process*

I think thats the whole point take time and absorb it. All your answers are in the search bar already.