Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to laser hobby,need some advice!

well thats possiably the best idea ive heard so far,all of you have helped me out alot,im sure i will be able to find just what i need much better now,plus like somone mentioned i will check out reviews, i have these 2 lasers here,the one i mentioned before, and a 5mW radio shack green laser. Although it was over priced for the power,the build quility is excelent. it feels very solid and strong, nothing shaking around or clicking when you jiggle it,the 50mW i cant say that about, its light,feels cheap in my hands and makes all sorts or tings,dings,clicks and pings when you move it around lol. Im going to look real hard for somthing that has all of this in one for me, thanks guys

iovan

hi, i do have a green laser pointer for almost 3 years now, it came from taiwan and i paid 70dlls at that time., it is a 30mw and it does shoot a very bright visible beam at night and its slightly visible at day time, am happy with it, but after looking at those burning laser videos at u tube , now i want to make on, ok, so they say u can use a 16x dvd burner diode, which i have one now, good thing it was given 2 me cause of door fails to open (gears broken) , some videos say u can just connect 2 batteries and thats it, some say u need an aixiz housing and a driver, others say u can use the driver from an inexpensive 10dlls green pointer, and most important, some say about the IR radiation or some like that, which can cause damage 2 ur eyes, even if u r not pointing the beam direct to somebody's eyes, they say it can cause damage just by exposure to the infra red invisible light/radiation from it., can u give me some advise about this,

MikeBP

First... your 2 Links have been tagged and generate a Reported Attack Site!
warning on my computer...

Second...

welcome.gif
to the Forum.....

Don't Forget to read the Newcomers section and the Forum rules..

Since your Profile says nothing... we can't really point you in the
right direction... We have no idea on what part of the Globe you
live...

Jerry

Jerry
Google says his links are fine, do not worry about clicking on them, but if you are feeling very nervous about it just hop on yotang through google and can not harm your computer unless you allow popups/download stuff when it asks you to.

Opinion on the lasers-Edit

For 103$ shipped you cant go wrong for a 200mw Blue or Green but I bet they are no where near 200mw.

Last edited:
hey i have another question, it may sound stupid but i really need to know. My laser (The new wish 50mW) aparently doesent have an IR filter in it, atleast thats what amazool.com customer service told me when i emailed them about this. Now my question is where exactly is the danger when the laser has no IR filter? is it causing me harm just looking at the green dot on the wall or anything else i shine it at? how about if i blow cigarette smoke in the air and shine the beam through it, are we hurting our eyes looking at the beam in the smoke/fog? (I dont mean looking into the beam as in pointing it into the eye directly,thats just stupid) like i said where is the danger in not having an IR filter....thanks guys for all the info,i really am glad for the help!