Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Spartan 1 Watt

Hello! Just getting into the laser hobby and decided to buy a Spartan 1 Watt from DragonLasers. What an incredible device! It arrived faster than my batteries, quite surprised by that. As my batteries were only 2 states away!
Anyway, I finally received my batteries and popped them in. This thing is incredible! About a week later, I pick up the laser, turn it on, only to find out it is pretty much useless now. The beam has a diameter of about a foot at a distance of 10 feet! Instead of being nice and round, it has gone full pancake mode on me! Not exactly sure why it did this? Tried a new set of batteries and no change. Could the lens be damaged or even the diode?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20160220_121909.jpg
    20160220_121909.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 80

Yup I emailed them. Was just wondering what your guy's opinion would be. I have been lurking for a while and figured this was a good opportunity to register. :whistle:

Wow, I've never seen that before, yikes.....

I don't think the diode is damaged but the lens could be the issue. Just to rule it out, you've never dropped, scratched the lens or anything which could result in damage right?

My guess is the lens needs to be replaced, but more opinions may be good!

-Alex

Nope, it just sits in its box when not in use. Haven't dropped it or anything. Haven't even looked at the lens yet.