Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Host Idea?

I'm sure I saw that one yesterday, heard the aixiz module had to be spun down to a smaller size but that is one sexy lookin' host.
I'm a big fan of polished stainless ;)

I can't tell from the picture if the button is chinsey or not.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-18650-cree-aurora-copper-heat-sinks-57682-2.html#post818477
About 1/2 way down, I think the host is the same one but it has a "sliding head" that moves up and down kinda like a bushing action to stabilize the focus. Seems like a good idea.
That is a bit spendy for what you get though.
I'm now officially a big fan of the:
DealExtreme: $22.46 Aurora SH-032 Stainless Steel Cree Q3-WC 5-Mode 160-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (1*18650)
Solid host, EASY to make the heatsink, polishes up in one simple step on the lathe, reasonable smooth threads for stainless, and the double o-rings are a nice touch. ;)
I got a couple of these, might have to start selling some stuff, this hobby is eating my bank account faster than I had expected ^_^
That type of clicky always feels a bit wobbly because of the clearance it has to have from the body, worst case scenario: Buy a new switch, they only cost a couple of bucks for 5.

Last edited: