Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

New e-bay >70mW gunsight green laser

stevetexas

I just received this today - an e-bay purchase

The photo is of the Gunsight laser and the red I bought from SenKat...

Attachments

stevetexas

I think you could EASILY add a 15 mm IRC-21 filter to the inside of the aperature cap and have a nice little IR filtered >70 mW green laser. The thing is tiny - maybe 3 inches long, but it packs a punch. Beam is easily visible during daylight inside, but it won't light a match(I haven't adjusted the focus...)

T

timelord

I like it mate that'll certainly make any gun owner proud.

P

Proctor

It'll probably die faster than Steve Irwin in a tank full of Stingrays.

pseudonomen137

Just FYI, that light meter you have doesn't measure laser power. Candelas and mWs are like apples and oranges, but less fruity.

randall158

Banned
i have purchased two green gunsight lasers from ebay for about the same price. there seems to be an issue whether these units can stand severe recoil.

S

SenKat

pseudonomen137 said:
Just FYI, that light meter you have doesn't measure laser power. Candelas and mWs are like apples and oranges, but less fruity.
Unless I am mistaken - I think he is gonna be taken care of in the laser-power meter area pretty soon ! Steve - didn't you get in on the GB on CPF for the new meter ?

stevetexas

Yep, I am in for the same setup as you and Mike. :)

We should all be able to datalog, graph output, and have a range up to 800 mW over 4 calibrated wavelengths. When I get the new meter, I'll see how accurate the analog meter that I have now is compared to the new one and post some info.