Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 4 Watt Blue Laser

Gopher

Hi guys and gals,

Just received my 4 Watt blue laser from Hong Kong (a company called HoCo (HK) Technology Limited). This was a laser costing approximately $256 US or £156 GBP. Have checked it out and it is truely awesome. Compared to my green 100mW laser where you cannot see the beam in daylight, you certainly can with the blue laser. :beer:

Last edited:

Podo

Don't think you can get a true 4W with $256 though, most likely 1W which mean you get marked a lot. I suggest you to send it back and get your refund if that's possible.

Any links?

Last edited:

SteveT

Tried a Google search for your laser but no joy, have you a link? I doubt you've got a true 4W unit but will reserve judgement until there's some more info :) Nonetheless glad you're pleased with your purchase, post some pics!

Gopher

Thanks people for your posts.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I can imagine that this laser will not be 4 Watts beam power, but 4 Watts power consumption. I base this hypothesis on the fact that the visible beam would account for a small portion of the total power required to lase, the remainder being dissipated in heat and unwanted IR wavelengths. Furthermore, I am sure that if the beam power is 4 Watts as advertised, this will only occur if the batteries are fully charged. Once the laser is on, due to a high power consumption, the output beam power would decrease quite quickly. Much would depend on the minimum power required to lase as to when the laser would not operate.

This I am happy with!

What I do find perplexing with is some Chinese manufacturers claiming 40 Watt (or higher) handheld lasers which does not make sense as the batteries they are use are not capable of producing that kind of power.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I can imagine that this laser will not be 4 Watts beam power, but 4 Watts power consumption. I base this hypothesis on the fact that the visible beam would account for a small portion of the total power required to lase, the remainder being dissipated in heat and unwanted IR wavelengths. Furthermore, I am sure that if the beam power is 4 Watts as advertised, this will only occur if the batteries are fully charged. Once the laser is on, due to a high power consumption, the output beam power would decrease quite quickly. Much would depend on the minimum power required to lase as to when the laser would not operate.

This I am happy with!

What I do find perplexing with is some Chinese manufacturers claiming 40 Watt (or higher) handheld lasers which does not make sense as the batteries they are use are not capable of producing that kind of power.

Any thoughts?

445nm dosen't use IR light.

-Alex

This I am happy with!

Any thoughts?

TGL is right, only DPSS lasers (and perhaps a few gas lasers with the correct broadband optics) emit IR. They work on a whole different concept where the IR is turned into visible wavelengths. You have just a straight up diode laser. No IR to worry about. :)

must be a real big host if it could be a true 4w laser i really doubt it, even a 1w laser will be crazy bright even in daylight i think u got ripped off judging by the name and what google shows it says nothing about lasers so it looks weird.
hm google the name shows its some kind of export mobile fashion company ? lol.. wtf.... dont see anything about lasers under that name but what do i know..

Hoco Technology (Hongkong) Co., Ltd. was set up in Honkong and our main business is supplying telephone and PC accessories and OEM and ODM services.

Established in 2009 and with two years' exporting experience, Hoco Technology (Shenzhen) is an international digital accessory manufacturer with two famous brands, BOROFONE and HOCO. Our main products are high-end accessories for mobile phones.

Our products pass CE, FCC, 3C and RoHS standards for a repair rate below two percent. Furthermore, we have 12 production lines with equipment from Japan and Germany producing 500,000 pieces monthly. We export 60 to 70% of our products to Russia, the Middle East and Southeast Asia, and we also work with Apple, Samsung, HTC and RIM. As such, we earn average annual sales of more than 10 million.

Fifteen R&D engineers and 10 designers with an average of five years' experience allow us to release five new designs every month on average. Moreover, ODM sample period is about three weeks. Our MOQ is 1,000 pieces and delivery time for 3,000 pieces is one week. Inquire now.

Last edited:

Gopher

Ah well, I have a blue laser that is considerably more powerful than my green laser! :(

To tell you the truth, I am pleased that it probably isn't 4 watts as that is a stupid amount of energy packed into such a narrow beam. As a motorcycle instructor, I have a huge responsibility towards my students and their safety - but to have a hand held laser of dubious wattage scares the living daylights out of me!!!

Anybody in the UK know where I can get it measured?

SteveT

Ah well, I have a blue laser that is considerably more powerful than my green laser! :(

To tell you the truth, I am pleased that it probably isn't 4 watts as that is a stupid amount of energy packed into such a narrow beam. As a motorcycle instructor, I have a huge responsibility towards my students and their safety - but to have a hand held laser of dubious wattage scares the living daylights out of me!!!

Anybody in the UK know where I can get it measured?

Hi from a fellow biker. I plan to get an LPM in a few weeks time so would be also happy to help.