Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need suggestion about 405nm laser safety

moh17

Hi, The seller told me that this is a low power laser and no need to wear safety glasses. I found that it is approximately 13mW. Is it considered a low power ?. Do I need to wear a safety glasses at these power or just common sense ?

Here is seller message

The laser you have bought is safe,and it is great for creating various visual atmosphere, sky pointing, illumination, or other professional usages.Don''t worry about it.

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Wavelength: 405nm

Claimed power < 1mW

Measured (Actual) Power about 13mW

:thanks:

Yes, no need to wear safety goggles with it, just be careful & don't aim it near your eyes :)

-Alex

moh17

Yes, no need to wear safety goggles with it, just be careful & don't aim it near your eyes :)

-Alex

Is it safe to use in a presentation ?, I know that blink reflex will not help if I took a direct hit, what are the possible injury that could happen? Will it be permenantly or temporarily ? Best

Is it safe to use in a presentation ?, I know that blink reflex will not help if I took a direct hit, what are the possible injury that could happen? Will it be permenantly or temporarily ? Best

You could use it in a presentation if you want, but it won't be easily seen. A direct hit to the eye could cause injury so it would be better if you kept it with you at all times. At 12mW's temporary damage to the eye could occur, but it really depends on duration etc...

-Alex

I would get a red pen for presentation instead much better see the dot.