Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some help.

Menace

I bought a Chinese PM-851 2000 mW green laser. It didn't come with the battery so I'm running it off 3 AA cells instead of the 3.7v that couldn't be shipped on a plane. Anyway.... I need it to burn aptasia pest anemones in a saltwater aquarium and there's no lens on it. Without a lens I can't concentrate the beam enough to light a match let alone kill a pest coral.

Any DIY options out there?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Menace

Well the whole thing is junk. Took it apart. There was a small clear plastic disk that is domed that was jammed between the brass laser housing and casing. (UV filter???) so I pulled that out. Now the "lens" that came with it (very rough focus ability down to maybe a 6mm dot at 10') makes the "dot" turn into 2 dots..... I'm just gonna hit it with a hammer and not buy a $12 Chinese laser next time. Lol.

Teej

Well the whole thing is junk. Took it apart. There was a small clear plastic disk that is domed that was jammed between the brass laser housing and casing. (UV filter???) so I pulled that out. Now the "lens" that came with it (very rough focus ability down to maybe a 6mm dot at 10') makes the "dot" turn into 2 dots..... I'm just gonna hit it with a hammer and not buy a $12 Chinese laser next time. Lol.

LOL

Shocked that a $12, 2 watt green laser was not up to spec?

:D

Ow