Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need some explanation on DAC and making ur own

Stino

Hi,

This is my first time making a laser scanner, i already bought a Galvo scanner set:
20Kpps laser scanning galvo scanners ILDA | eBay
and i have recently bought a cheap usb sound card: BEHRINGER: UCA222
and i wanted to use the 2 output channels to control my X and Y movement, now i have read the tutorial on DIY soundcard DAC on this section but it doesn't seem to help me much. I don't get where he get's that correction amp, do i need this too? where could i get this?
And what are the steps from here on to take to get my galvo's working?
Please help me, this is for a school project and i'm running a bit late :p
so any help at all would be awesome!

Grtz

You will need a correction amp! I have the Audiolase myself and a cmedia sound card. You have to follow the instructions in the tutorial, but it will be challenging with a different sound card. You can not hook the galvos, and lasers for that matter, to to a soundcard without a correction amp! Your laser drivers will also need to have analog or ttl modulation.

If you are new to electronics I suggest you buy the Audiolase board and the cmedia soundcard. There are a few images in my album (look at my profile) of my audiolase board and cmedia, and the way i hooked it up.

You should read a lot in the scanner section and get familiar with the basics.