Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need some advice

hi im new to this forum very nice indeed . i wouldnt consider myself a newcommer to lasers having owned them now for the best part of 13 years i have never bought a green one though i have wanted one for years but my intrest in lasers has only recently came back .

i have decided to get a laser of around 200mw been looking at a few different types i would love to get a hulk from dragon lasers but they are way out of my price range unless they do cheaper ones im not yet aware of .

i came across this on ebay anyone got experience with this laser what u think of it ect ?

eBay.ie: Adjustable SKY® Green Laser Pointer Pen with Key Switch (item 110576951087 end time 19-Jan-11 22:44:30 GMT)

i noticed the thread about green lasers some one said the ystarted overcharging people sky lasers if this is the same seller . i have noticed what look like the same laser on their page for many different prices looks like there just tyring to find someone willing to pay the top price for the same thing . whats your view on this laser though will it be up to spec ect.
i dont see any mention of an ir filter either.

also on an everage 200mw laser pointer in suitable stable conditions in the night what would be the average range the beam would go to and also what would be the max range u could see the dot from

some help here would be great as i never really studied the more high power lasers untill the last few months .

thanks

I don't have any experience with Sky lasers but I am not sure if I would trust their products. You will probably be better off by purchasing from a trusted site. I see that you are looking for lots of power for a cheap price. This will mean you will have to sacrifice beam quality a bit. o-like.com has reasonably priced lasers and is well known around here.

here is a link to their 400mw green

400mW green laser torch /focusable/waterproof [OL-532-350] - $196.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I just realized it is out of stock right now. it is a very good deal and you should get around 300mw of green if you can wait to buy it. People have said it mode hops some times but you just can't beat the price.

If you want a high quality laser that will always have a perfect beam buy a laser directly from CNI or anybody that sells their lasers. The thing is that those lasers will be way out of your price range. You get what you pay for.

Oh and my 60mw green laser goes FAR. I could even see the dot just barely on the steam produced from a powerpland about a mile (that is a rough guess) away at night. 200mw of green is twice as bright as a 50mw of green. You will be able to see the beam go all the way to the dot and it will look spectacular at night.

Last edited:

Kevlar

If it were me I would get in on the GB that HAK runs for jetlasers.

well my price range the max would prob be around 200 euros if i save up i noticed the hulk 150 mw is 242 euros what am i really paying for here as i notice lots of other cheaper 150 and 200 mw lasers why are they so much more expensive is it build quality ect ? i know the saying u get what u pay for im not looking to buy cheap trash as i know from personal experience it always costs u in the long run i just want something i dont have to pay an arm and a leg for that will last a long time and has a very long distance beam and dot any ideas .

I was very very seriously considering this:

450mW New portable Green laser torch/IR filtered [OLNGL400] - $389.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

It's 450mw, comes with a battery, charger, goggles, an IR filter, and it's 450mw. That's one HECK of a laser for 389$
I know you're looking for something around 200mw, and there's another here from o-like but it's out of stock.

350mW New portable Green laser torch(IR filtered) [OLNGL350] - $289.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I also heard that if you ask politely, o-like (Susie I think) will also LPM your laser before shipping so you know what the actual output is as well. It also has a 1 year warranty, (Which seems to be one of the best I've seen) and while it is in China, it's still a monster laser.

Just remember that if you're in USA, there could be customs issues with importing. The only part of this laser that isn't FDA approved is the start-up delay. I think the official ruling is 5 seconds, though Wicked Lasers seems to get away with 2 seconds on their 1W blue Arctic laser.

ANYWAY - CNI and Optotronics and laserglow are all very very expensive, but also very very high end. O-like.com and rayfoss.com were both tossups, because they both have some pretty nice looking gear there too.

The other laser I considered:
www.rayfoss.com <-- This one, as well as:
www.rayfoss.com

The top one is 200mw after being IR filtered (which, personally I think is important)
where the bottom isn't. There's not a *DRASTIC* price change between the two, but the bottom one is more my "style" for the host. I like the big, gnarly hosts :)

Hopefully this gives you a little more options than you had before, and I would very much recommend that if you don't already have safety glasses, you SHOULD. Anything over 5mw technically you should be wearing them, but for all practicality purposes, I think 15mw and above is probably glasses-worthy.

(**Disclaimer - The advice given above is strictly my own advice that I follow, however do not recommend to anyone else. It is always recommended that you wear the proper eye-protection with any laser of any strength if you value your eye-sight. We do also not condone performing self-laser eye surgery. EVER. **)

I was very very seriously considering this:

450mW New portable Green laser torch/IR filtered [OLNGL400] - $389.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

It's 450mw, comes with a battery, charger, goggles, an IR filter, and it's 450mw. That's one HECK of a laser for 389$
I know you're looking for something around 200mw, and there's another here from o-like but it's out of stock.

350mW New portable Green laser torch(IR filtered) [OLNGL350] - $289.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I also heard that if you ask politely, o-like (Susie I think) will also LPM your laser before shipping so you know what the actual output is as well. It also has a 1 year warranty, (Which seems to be one of the best I've seen) and while it is in China, it's still a monster laser.

Just remember that if you're in USA, there could be customs issues with importing. The only part of this laser that isn't FDA approved is the start-up delay. I think the official ruling is 5 seconds, though Wicked Lasers seems to get away with 2 seconds on their 1W blue Arctic laser.

ANYWAY - CNI and Optotronics and laserglow are all very very expensive, but also very very high end. O-like.com and rayfoss.com were both tossups, because they both have some pretty nice looking gear there too.

The other laser I considered:
www.rayfoss.com <-- This one, as well as:
www.rayfoss.com

The top one is 200mw after being IR filtered (which, personally I think is important)
where the bottom isn't. There's not a *DRASTIC* price change between the two, but the bottom one is more my "style" for the host. I like the big, gnarly hosts :)

Hopefully this gives you a little more options than you had before, and I would very much recommend that if you don't already have safety glasses, you SHOULD. Anything over 5mw technically you should be wearing them, but for all practicality purposes, I think 15mw and above is probably glasses-worthy.

(**Disclaimer - The advice given above is strictly my own advice that I follow, however do not recommend to anyone else. It is always recommended that you wear the proper eye-protection with any laser of any strength if you value your eye-sight. We do also not condone performing self-laser eye surgery. EVER. **)

ihave to say i like the look of some of the ray foss ones but aint they a cheaper type of product will they be up to spec ect .

also what is this group buy people are talking about can u really save that much does anyone ever do it for dragon lasers apart from cni because ive heard that dragon lasers are more sturdy than the one like the hulk that cni make even though dragon lasers use cni any truth to this ?

Rayfoss generally seems to be up to spec from what I've been hearing, and they tell truths; if they say a laser is 350mw, it will be 350 or better... Though it may not be IR filtered however their website says so. The question then would be build quality, crystal alignment, diode pump current draw, etc. Lots of other factors where the 'cheapness' comes from.

Besides your ridiculously bad run-on sentence, if I decipher what you're asking correctly... I think you're asking if Dragon Lasers is better than CNI and you're also asking what a group buy is and how do they really save money?

I can't comment on CNI and Dragon Lasers, however I can say that CNI has the reputation for basically being 'the best of the best' when it comes to their products, however you pay for it too. Couldn't say if they're the same products though, or if dragon lasers hires CNI to make their products.

About a group buy: yes. You can save money.

The short story is this:

When you order in bulk, there is often a discount. Period. Some people here have a relationship with some salespeople in the companies like CNI, rayfoss, jet lasers, SKY, etc. Which helps to provide additional discounts. By a large number of people ordering, overall prices are reduced and everyone wins. The products are shipped to someones house who arranges the group buy, and then ships out individual orders from there. In some cases the person that arranged the buy will often have a laser power reader there too and will perform additional readings on the lasers to ensure output and deals with any issues with faulty or underpowered lasers then.

Anyway, yes they're a good alternative, and you can often get great deals if you had a set budget already put aside.

was tired when i wrote my last post no fulll stop ect.

i know what a group buy is i was just wondering if its really going to make that much of a difference.
will i really save that much to make a huge difference .

think the wait would put me off.

what i was asking was are dragon lasers better than cni even though they use cni .
been told that dragon lasers host is better than cni even though ruffly the same parts.

someone mentioned that the hulk was much better than pretty much the exact same thing from cni for what ever reason im not too sure.

that is why i have been seriously thinking of buying a hulk from dragon lasers.

not sure how true this is .

i see some the group buys are only available in us and canada so that rules me out im in europe.