Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help making/finding a laser cap

Macca

Hey, i recently bought a laser pointer from ebay. it works fine however there is a huge dotted ring around the actual laser dot itself, i managed to figure out that it was caused by the space on the top of the pointer - if i make the gap thinner the outer rings fade thinner.

Easier to show than to describe.
However i made a small cardboard cut out of a head cap but i still have similar problems.
Is there any particular websites i can purchase the caps from? i only want a single beam.

I included two pics of the problem. the large ring is just the laser itself and the smaller green pic is with the 'home-made cardboard cap'. There is a very clear difference and the problem is evident in the first photograph. it is much more noticeable in person as the cameras cant pick up the light clearly

ive been searching online but cannot find anything. any help is highly appreciated. Also there is a picture of the laser pointer - it is a 'laser 303' from ebay and was only a few pounds

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 54
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 41
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited: