Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need advice for a loose laser diode

I have a dragonlasers spartan series green laser, the diode inside of it has been loose lately. If I shake the laser even slightly, I can hear the wobble of the diode.

Any hits, advice or tips that I can do to tighten the lase diode inside without damaging anything?

Would superglue work without being melted on the heatsink?

I am trying to avoid shipping it back to dragonlasers and waiting for a replacement, as that takes about 2 months.

ty

Last edited:

hmm.. really hard to get a good, clear picture of the diode, its really down inside laser body..

also the diode being loose is not creating a huge gap, big enough to see anyways.. ill try

also, im able to somehow twist the diode in either direction, it does not become any looser or tighter, im just able to move it..

Aleksa

Maybe two part epoxy will work. Heat transfer will be small problem,that depends on the temperature of the diode.

hmm ok.. the temp of the diode does not get too hot unless i leave the laser on for more than a few minutes, which i hardly ever do anyways..

also, how would i use this adhesive? apply the first and second part separately, or mix them and apply them at once?

Thanks!!

Aleksa

Mix and then apply. That is how i would do it. Not much science going on there :)

ok, ill pick some up form a department store and give it a shot! thank you for the help.. would have been a big hassle to ship it back and have a replacement.. dragonlasers has awsome customer service, but shipping back and fourth from china to canada(my location) takes forever!