Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a reliable member to fix my laser

dannyk

Hi Everyone. I'm not new to this forum, but had to create a new profile because I forgot my password and I'm not getting the email to reset it on my old one. So, please forgive the anonymous post and informal introduction. I had all my info on my other account.
Anyways, my name is Danny and I'm looking for someone that can fix my 545nm 300mW laser. I bought it a year ago from laserbtb.com. A couple months ago it stopped working. I went to turn it on, it flashed on for a brief second and then quit. I've never abused it, but I noticed it seemed to have a greasy liquid under the focusing ring and lens. I assume that, unbeknownst to me, something must have spilled on it. I contacted laserbtb's customer service and they told me I'd have to send it in to get it fixed. I don't want to send it back to China and wait a couple months to get it. Plus, their customer service rep is incredibly rude, impatient, and very difficult to deal with in IMO.
I'm looking to send it to a trusted member of this forum to get it fixed in a short period of time, increase the power (if possible) and test the strength. If I could just get it fixed, promptly, that would be fine to. Any reply to my post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sta

Unfortunately it is not possible to disassemble the laserbtb units without destroying them. It seems that you will just have to send it back to China. :(