Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a cheap, high stability laser

Have you had any experience with cheap china laser, are they stable? It doesn't matter for me if the output is very low all I need is stable intensity, coherent light source. Any suggestions are welcome. P.S. I would prefer red or green.

Hmm your idea with lowering the voltage might just work. Because I really don't need allot of power for testing photodiodes.

laserglow sells a 5mw for 40 ;) and i heard its pretty stable. tell me how turning the pot works! dont do it blindly though.

Pointers aren't stable. Get a gas laser or light-regulated diode laser. Argon lasers and HeNe lasers are as stable as...

images

a noble gas.

I need it darn cheap so gas laser and all the other cool stuff like Nd:YAG, Ti:Al2O3 are out of the question.
I'm not going to do it blindly:] and yeah I will tell you how it went. Maybe if I will not be lazy I will even get a profile of the beam and measure the stability with ophire.

DrSid

In such case at least get diode laser (like red) and not DPSS (like green). Still it will fluctuate with temperature ..

Yeah I know, coz cheap second harmonic pointer will have lot's of first harmonic left.