Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Pulsar 150 Problems

Okay first of all I appreciate any help in advance. I used to be on wicked laser forum for a while ago but left because of the restrictions and everything. Anyways Im looking for any help I can get. I have the black Pulsar 150mW I think it was called the military edition at the time. It was the first one they started shipping after the 2 piece silver ones. Another example is the post stickied by tommygreen on their forum.

My original pulsar was great but had to be sent back. Ive never been able to use this laser from the start. The aperture was too small and needed to be modified along with adding some foil to the case to increase conductivity. The problem is when i got it I scratched the lens almost immediately. Now ive just started messing with it again for the first time in over a year. Ive taken it apart and tried to remove the lens piece but to no avail. Im not sure why wicked would lock it because it should be able to be adjusted. How the hell can I get this lens off without damaging the diode, and replace it. Ive done alot of hunting and I seem to be one of the only people with this problem. If anyone can help please let me know... Thanks.

-Greg

Emc2

Hey Greg, I have two of those WL red Pulsar lasers and i really liked the silver ones previously to that. As for the lens issue, well i had one like that to where I wanted to remove the lens and get a better one but mine too was glued in. That laser style pretty much blows and i just don't even use it any more. I now use and have two of the New style red lasers from O-Like.com and at $47.00, it is way more powerful than the WL Pulsar. I would give that laser away or sell it to a friend and buy the red focusable laser from O-like. It will take about 10 days to arrive.

Since the lens housing and the lens in your Pulsar is plastic, chances are you will damage it while trying to remove it. I had to add the foil to mine also to get more power out of it.

-Todd

Man i was hopin youd respond. I remember you from the other forums. Is there anything I can use to get that lens out without damaging the diode? Like some kind of chemical? im planning on buying that red from olike as well as the 100mw violet they sell. My pulsar isnt usable tho and id hate to have a 250$ piece of junk layin around so i was trying to fix it lol. Would wicked lasers repair it or do they not do that type of stuff? Lastly would you be willing to sell one of your two piece silver pulsars for the right price? Thanks for the help emc2, I appreciate it.

Emc2

I am not aware of any chemicals used to loosen that glue without eating up the plastic at the same time. I would check with LarryDFW on this forum to see if he knows. I am not too good at that sort of repair. The components are just too small.

Well as for the silver body Pulsar lasers, I used to have three of them, I sold two and one went bad. The only red Wicked laser I have is the >150mW red in the black body like you have. I don't use it anymore since I have the O-Like laser. The red in the split silver body was my favorite and I wish I had not sold them. Oh well, I have much better lasers now :) It is crazy that WL is selling that P125 for $249.00 when the O-Like is $47.00 and stronger. Tru the WL P125 is a great looking laser! For now I am enjoying my new RPL 425 green laser. LarryDFW sells the lens you need for $10.00 when you get yours out without damangeing the silver housing. His lenses are made of glass not plastic.

-Todd

Ya thats too bad. Wicked sure hasnt adapted at all. I wont buy from them again. My 2 piece silver was great and taken care of well then one day its just stopped working. Im gona try to get that out.. the plastic around the lens is badly chewed from me trying to break it free. I take it the new lens would be threaded and not just a piece of glass right?

Emc2

Ya thats too bad. Wicked sure hasnt adapted at all. I wont buy from them again. My 2 piece silver was great and taken care of well then one day its just stopped working. Im gona try to get that out.. the plastic around the lens is badly chewed from me trying to break it free. I take it the new lens would be threaded and not just a piece of glass right?

Yeah it is a Black brass threadded housing that will screw right into that diode housing. No plastic. Yeah WL was good with their products but they are pricey now and customs usually stops shipments coming into the USA. Good luck with getting your lens assembly out. Let me know what happens with it.

-T

Well I was able to get it out nicely. I used a very small amount of acetone, and some needle nose pliers. It looks perfect and the threads are clean. Hopefully I can order the lens. Im going to carefully sand down the inside of the barrel as well as the outside of the diode to increase power. I may try some sort of liquid metal for conduction as opposed to the foil. Thank again Todd.

Emc2

Well I was able to get it out nicely. I used a very small amount of acetone, and some needle nose pliers. It looks perfect and the threads are clean. Hopefully I can order the lens. Im going to carefully sand down the inside of the barrel as well as the outside of the diode to increase power. I may try some sort of liquid metal for conduction as opposed to the foil. Thank again Todd.

Cool! Now you can get Larry's lens and thread it right in. I think the threads are the same. I am glad you were able to save your laser. Post some picts when you get it complete.

-T